Get off of iOS 10 beta and move to iOS 10 official?

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
How do I get off the gm and move to the iOS 10 official preview?

I could ask at work but I don't want to look stupid so I figure I'd ask here haha. I'd like to get off it and back to the main release.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
It's not a preview anymore, but that'd be somewhat useless as they are the exact same build.

But delete your beta profile and restart your phone. However, you might not see a software update as, like I said, they're the exact same build version.

CyreneK

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
How do I get off the gm and move to the iOS 10 official preview?

I could ask at work but I don't want to look stupid so I figure I'd ask here haha. I'd like to get off it and back to the main release.

There seems to be two different answers to this question and I don't know which one is correct. One is to simply delete the beta profile from settings. The second is to do that along with resetting your phone to factory settings and applying a backup from before you installed the beta. The first option is what two people from Apple support told me, so I'm going with that for now. If I see that my iPad gets an update (which never had the beta) and my phone doesn't, or my phone gets another beta update, then I will reset.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'm kind of wondering the same thing. If an update comes to iOS 10, say 10.0.2, will I automatically get that one? Is there anything specific I'd have to do?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
There won't be public beta updates for incremental updates to iOS 10. When 10.0.2, 10.1, or whatever comes out, it'll show up on your phone and you updater. Or not. Your choice.

If you're on the beta, you'll get notifications for betas for the incremental builds before they become official.

The beta GM and the Official release are the same, but they may have different results. My situation:

I wanted out of the beta program for the Watch and phone so I could get the Official Release along with everybody else, not the GM a week earlier. Yes I know they're the same. I tossed the both the phone and Watch beta profiles, restarted both devices, and stopped downloading the betas for both devices.

When the 13th rolled around, I hadn't updated my phone to GM, so I was able to get the Official release, along with the unwashed masses. lol However I apparently updated to the wOS GM instead of stopping at the last beta, I never got the Official Release for the Watch as it was 'up to date'.

So I'm waiting to see what I get next- a notification about a new beta build or the Official release of the next update.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
There won't be public beta updates for incremental updates to iOS 10. When 10.0.2, 10.1, or whatever comes out, it'll show up on your phone and you updater. Or not. Your choice.

There were incremental public beta updates for iOS 9, and I think iOS 8 as well. Unless Apple switches things up I would expect them for iOS 10.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The GM for the beta is the same build number as the "official" release everyone else got. I'm leaving my beta profile to test 10.0.2, and on.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal