iOS 10 notification sounds messed up

yarooshka

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone noticed for apps like Whatsapp and FB Messenger, the messages and call notifications sounds are the same tri-tone messaging sounds from the built in iMessages app? This is very annoying.

I had the same problem.. open whatsapp then go to settings then notifications. Change the tone then restart your iPhone.. It worked for me

raist3001

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes, we all know rebooting works. Deleting and reinstalling the app works too. Both of these work around's work until the app is updated again. Once the app is updated, it reverts to the tri-tone alert regardless of which alert you have selected. And then a reboot is needed again.
Hoping apple fixes this is next iOS update.

Reid Jarvis

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
I've noticed some strange sound substitutions as well. The new ESPN app uses tri-tone instead of the mini ESPN theme (which frankly I find annoying, but at least you know what's coming in). My iMessages are fine. Haven't used What's App yet. Anyone else having the issue with ESPN?

Yes mine is doing the tri-tone as well which I think is stupid.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
As somebody correctly pointed out, notification sound works fine until the app is updated. Then it reverts back to the annoying tritone. Almost all my apps have that annoying sound now so it's very difficult to discern from the sound from which app the notification came. I need to wake up my phone and check the screen everytime. Plus, I hate sound!

Really hoping Apple solves this in the next update. ASAP please!

sandracvrt

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
oooo... I just tried this and then sent a test email... so at least for my email program it worked... waiting to see as other things come in if all the sounds are corrected! thank you!

leftpower7247

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
I have tried everything and never had a problem until latest update. I've rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled, and nothing works. I did get a banner but not all the time. My settings are correct. Maybe the next update will correct this stupid problem.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have tried everything and never had a problem until latest update. I've rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled, and nothing works. I did get a banner but not all the time. My settings are correct. Maybe the next update will correct this stupid problem.

Can you not go to Settings → General → Reset, and then select "Reset All Settings", and then test your notification sounds?

FF_Bonanza

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi there,

I experienced the exact same issue. Eventually out of desperation I went into whatsapp settings > notifications and reselected the tone I wanted which in my case was the default tone (it was already selected but I selected it again). This seems to have reverted the tone to the one I want.

goldfinch711

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi Folks,

had this issue after upgrading from iOS 9 to 10. Only rebooting fixed it until an App has been updated. Surprisingly the issue is gone after upgrading my 6S to 10.1. My Apps are getting updated and the notification tone is as selected and doesn't changed back to Tri-Tone anymore. Are there more users noticed this strange behaviour?

Greetings

sidraAli

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
I have rebooted , restarted my iPhone . I reinstalled the apps , again rebooted my phone . Updated my apps ! Nothing's working for me . Please help . I really want to get rid of this issue

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2