Let's hear the problems that people are facing using iOS 10.

samosIM

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I am enjoying iOS10, but stumbling in places. In particular, in the new Maps app, how do you get directions by looking up an address in Contacts?

Thus far, I either just switch to my TomTom app, or it appears I need to go to my Contacts, locate the contact of interest and dictate it to Siri. I miss the old way, but I will get used to it.

Taco50

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm on an iPhone 6 and iPad Air and my main problems are that the OS is now laggy. There's a noticeable wait when I do certain tasks that I didn't have before. I also posted an issue I'm having with Siri.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I am enjoying iOS10, but stumbling in places. In particular, in the new Maps app, how do you get directions by looking up an address in Contacts?

Thus far, I either just switch to my TomTom app, or it appears I need to go to my Contacts, locate the contact of interest and dictate it to Siri. I miss the old way, but I will get used to it.

Works fine for me...just scroll slightly down to where u see the map cutout next to the address..click on the address and it goes right into maps...works like it always did..but I do hate that it won't stay in satellite view! I use google maps pretty much exclusively anyway..

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I just tap on the map in contacts, and it takes me to the maps app.
777d5c699066647d1ca6071101d28c5c.jpg

JeevesVic

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Im having wifi connectivity issues on my 6S. Phone isn't staying connected to wifi. My wife is having the same issues on her 6. We've tried network settings reset, reset the wifi at home (issue is the same on public wifi), and all the other usual tricks.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Im having wifi connectivity issues on my 6S. Phone isn't staying connected to wifi. My wife is having the same issues on her 6. We've tried network settings reset, reset the wifi at home (issue is the same on public wifi), and all the other usual tricks.

Since you both experience this, it's not likely your phones. I would guess a signal issue of some kind. Check with your wifi provider. Maybe they're having issues. I know Comcast does from time to time.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Not a problem, just a question.
Notice the little F (Facebook) logo bottom left corner? It's just.....there. I can't interact with it.
Ideas?
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160917/2ad293ef4285f19ac8e40c714d4e87a8.jpg

Actually this definitely part of HANDOFF.

View attachment 111704

If you tap and hold (press) on the Facebook app icon on the lock screen, and then while still holding/pressing the icon do a full swipe gesture from the bottom of the lock screen up to the top, you'll then get to the passcode screen to unlock your iPhone (if you have a passcode lock). Once you then enter the passcode (or say use Touch ID) to unlock your phone, you will be taken directly to the Facebook app. Essentially, any app that is displayed in the bottom left corner can be immediately opened/accessed after unlocking your device. Think of it as 'swipe to unlock to go directly to X app.' For myself I've done this mostly with the stock music player app, although I've also gotten the Starbucks app displayed when I've been nearby a Starbucks - hello location services (must be enabled).

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
If you tap and hold (press) on the Facebook app icon on the lock screen, and then while still holding/pressing the icon do a full swipe gesture from the bottom of the lock screen up to the top, you'll then get to the passcode screen to unlock your iPhone (if you have a passcode lock). Once you then enter the passcode (or say use Touch ID) to unlock your phone, you will be taken directly to the Facebook app. Essentially, any app that is displayed in the bottom left corner can be immediately opened/accessed after unlocking your device. Think of it as 'swipe to unlock to go directly to X app.' For myself I've done this mostly with the stock music player app, although I've also gotten the Starbucks app displayed when I've been nearby a Starbucks - hello location services (must be enabled).

THANK YOU!!!! That worked perfectly!
Much appreciated.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Much appreciated.

:) You bet, no problem! Yeah, it feels for me at least that some of the UX features that are useful aren't necessarily blatantly obvious as to how to do them. I remember going 'tap happy' last year with the Apple Music update to 8.x trying to find any (hidden) actionable gestures, and what they would lead to. Seems that this trend is continuing with iOS 10. Ahh, Apple, you like to keep things interesting, don't you... Aka Jony Ive's treasure hunt, lol. Peace.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: Let`s Hear the problems what people are facing on iOS 10

I have an iPad Air with a cover that, when closed, puts the iPad in the sleep mode. In IOS 9, when I opened the cover I was at the passcode screen. With IOS 10, when I open the cover I have to press the home button which then takes me to the passcode screen. This is an unnecessary extra step, so I removed my passcode. Does anyone know if there's a bypass so that the home button does not need to be pressed prior to the passcode screen?

The only thing I know is that you can rest finger on button instead of passcode or press home it's under Accessibility in Settings General

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Let`s Hear the problems what people are facing on iOS 10

I have an iPad Air with a cover that, when closed, puts the iPad in the sleep mode. In IOS 9, when I opened the cover I was at the passcode screen. With IOS 10, when I open the cover I have to press the home button which then takes me to the passcode screen. This is an unnecessary extra step, so I removed my passcode. Does anyone know if there's a bypass so that the home button does not need to be pressed prior to the passcode screen?

Saw an article that said this:
Settings
General
Accessibility
Home Button
--> Turn Off Rest Finger to Open

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm on an iPhone 6 and iPad Air and my main problems are that the OS is now laggy. There's a noticeable wait when I do certain tasks that I didn't have before. I also posted an issue I'm having with Siri.

what kind of lag.? either your phone storage is upto the brim .

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

My daughter has been complaining about not be able to stay connected to our wifi since she updated. Mine and my other daughter's have been fine. I blamed it on her lack of care for her phone. But maybe it's iOS 10.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Much appreciated.

The reason it is showing in that corner of the screen is because you use it often. Not sure if someone else pointed that out already. For me, when I plug in my headphones, Netflix is shown in the corner. When I connect to bluetooth, then the Music app pops up.

vp_ortiz

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I got an annoying bug when I start launching the camera. At random times when I open the camera, it will only show half past the load screen so you'll only see a dark image and will keep looping. Switching into other camera modes solves the problem, but I'm annoyed to see that bug once in a whole so I hope Apple fixes it soon.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I got an annoying bug when I start launching the camera. At random times when I open the camera, it will only show half past the load screen so you'll only see a dark image and will keep looping. Switching into other camera modes solves the problem, but I'm annoyed to see that bug once in a whole so I hope Apple fixes it soon.

Interesting... I've not seen that behavior..yet..

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen