Let's hear the problems that people are facing using iOS 10.

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Let`s Hear the problems what people are facing on iOS 10

So far so good. Only a couple of small little things I've noticed, which aren't really even all that consistent, are a slight delay in the home button response at times (very infrequent) and a little bit of lag when force quitting apps in the "multi-task" screen. Other than that, its been as smooth as butter.

after an update it is advised to reset your device and restore from backup so that the new os could work efficiently

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

Somehow I've lost all my contacts yet in settings nothing has changed they are all still linked to my email addresses ��

maybe sync is not working. Just go to icloud and sign out. restart your device and again sign in .That should solve

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

I have an iPad Air with a cover that, when closed, puts the iPad in the sleep mode. In IOS 9, when I opened the cover I was at the passcode screen. With IOS 10, when I open the cover I have to press the home button which then takes me to the passcode screen. This is an unnecessary extra step, so I removed my passcode. Does anyone know if there's a bypass so that the home button does not need to be pressed prior to the passcode screen?

you could enable the raise to wake feature. That might help

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Not really an issue as it is a matter of opinion; I don't like the new control center. Why is it multiple panes? Why does nightshift have a gigantic button when I will literally never use it because it is already automatically scheduled to turn on and off. They added steps to do things when it was completely fine in the past.
Same here. I wish we could customize the control center to our liking. The ridiculously-large Night Shift button could he my music controls.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Not really an issue as it is a matter of opinion; I don't like the new control center. Why is it multiple panes? Why does nightshift have a gigantic button when I will literally never use it because it is already automatically scheduled to turn on and off. They added steps to do things when it was completely fine in the past.

no it is not automatic you have to manually schedule it.

I believe what he means is that he has already scheduled it so literally never needs to turn it on and off in the control center. I feel the same way - I've always thought it would be nice to customize the control center to show only those things that you want it to have - though it doesn't bother me all that much. I use control center maybe once a week, and almost always it's just to flip the flashlight on and off.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Let`s Hear the problems what people are facing on iOS 10

I have an iPad Air with a cover that, when closed, puts the iPad in the sleep mode. In IOS 9, when I opened the cover I was at the passcode screen. With IOS 10, when I open the cover I have to press the home button which then takes me to the passcode screen. This is an unnecessary extra step, so I removed my passcode. Does anyone know if there's a bypass so that the home button does not need to be pressed prior to the passcode screen?

Do you have "rest finger to open" enabled in Accessibility? That might help as well.

connolly82

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site

Loving the Memories section in photos but cannot seem to create my own memory. Also wanted to add photos to an existing memory but it only gave me a small selection and not access to my whole photo library.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

you could enable the raise to wake feature. That might help

At least for now, raise to wake is a feature for iPhones only (and iPhone 6s, 6s+, SE, 7, and 7+ only at that.)

rULzsTaR

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site

FB Messenger and WhatsApp notification sounds are the same as iMessage and there is no way to change them.

I was facing the same problem.
Now its working fine after rebooting phone.. Try it..

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

I believe what he means is that he has already scheduled it so literally never needs to turn it on and off in the control center. I feel the same way - I've always thought it would be nice to customize the control center to show only those things that you want it to have - though it doesn't bother me all that much. I use control center maybe once a week, and almost always it's just to flip the flashlight on and off.

I am with you on the customization. It would have been really nice if apple would have enabled this feature in ios. As far as music control is considered apple has made a dedicated control for the music app alone. (When you swpie right to the control center )

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

Do you have "rest finger to open" enabled in Accessibility? That might help as well.

yeah that too. I almost forgot that feature. but sir I think the raise to wake feature might help more as the sensor would work in that

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

No major issues at all...just a stupid minor one that my Bitmojis won't work in iMessage.

Also, am I loosing my mind or did Apple change the lock click sound, it went from a loud click to a low sounding door closing.

FrankRow

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site

Folder Issue?

Anyone notice that when you open a folder and then an app, the folder stays open in the background and when you get out of it? Is there a way to automatically close the folder after you chose an app?

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

No major issues at all...just a stupid minor one that my Bitmojis won't work in iMessage.

Also, am I loosing my mind or did Apple change the lock click sound, it went from a loud click to a low sounding door closing.

yes the lock screen sound is changed

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

Folder Issue?

Anyone notice that when you open a folder and then an app, the folder stays open in the background and when you get out of it? Is there a way to automatically close the folder after you chose an app?

never came across this issue. till now.. Anyone for the update on this one.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site

I did a clean install using DFU mode and iTunes.

During the initial setup the "Updating iCloud settings..." screen after signing in with my Apple ID (or maybe it was the screen immediately before or after) seemed to take longer than usual. After completing the setup, I went to Diagnostic and Usage data screen in privacy settings and there was a crash relating to "cloudpaird" that occurred around the same time the initial setup was happening.

I set the phone aside for a few hours and when I returned to it, the phone rebooted on its own (I know that because I had to enter my passcode instead of using Touch ID and there was a panic and reset counter log)

When I went to iCloud settings, it crashed to the home screen.

When I have my phone plugged into my car stereo (2015 Subaru non-nav) through USB, the radio freezes when I am navigating through albums/artists/songs etc - this didn't happen with 9.x.

Finally, the "JetsamEvent" logs seem to be appearing more frequently compared to 9.x. When I set 9.3.5 up from scratch I didn't see them appearing until after I started installing 3rd party apps.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

I am with you on the customization. It would have been really nice if apple would have enabled this feature in ios. As far as music control is considered apple has made a dedicated control for the music app alone. (When you swpie right to the control center )

In iOS 9 and older the music controls were still there in control center. Everything on one pane. I don't understand the need for two of them now.

As another user pointed out, I have already configured my nightshift to turn on/off at sunset/sunrise so I do not need a giant button in control center. The music controls could be in that spot like they were in iOS 9.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods