What is Apple thinking with iMessage?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Did you see that you can use multiple languages now within a message and have the suggestions switch automatically?

If this was there before I hadn't noticed.

I typed esto en espa?ol sin tener que change the language and the predictions cambiaron autom?ticamente.

No it's new: sometimes I'd forget to switch back to English (with SwiftKey) and I swear sentences looked like I had a head injury and was typing with my feet, lol.

OMG IM SO GLAD TO SEE YOU!!!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
No it's new: sometimes I'd forget to switch back to English (with SwiftKey) and I swear sentences looked like I had a head injury and was typing with my feet, lol.

OMG IM SO GLAD TO SEE YOU!!! ��

Thank you!!!! You're very sweet. ❤️

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Rockdog97...but someone can send you all the stuff in a text, correct?

Well, yes... I'm not aware of any way to disable these features to turn them off/keep from receiving text messages with these animations.. But if someone is dumb enough to send a senior level person balloons and laser texts w/o knowing that person well enough... then.....

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh and THE new feature that I LOVE about the new iMessages, turn your phone to landscape, then tap on the little squiggly icon on the bottom right and you can actually DRAW with your finger..

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Well, yes... I'm not aware of any way to disable these features to turn them off/keep from receiving text messages with these animations.. But if someone is dumb enough to send a senior level person balloons and laser texts w/o knowing that person well enough... then.....

If you don't want to receive the effects like balloons and fireworks, go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Toggle on Reduce motion.

apercele79

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Before IOS10, if my imessage wasn't going through in 15-20 seconds, I used to double tap the message and I had the option to SEND AS TEXT MESSAGE. Now when we double tap the text, we get symbols. Im gonna guess there is no way to send as text message ourselves, the phone will do it automatically

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Before IOS10, if my imessage wasn't going through in 15-20 seconds, I used to double tap the message and I had the option to SEND AS TEXT MESSAGE. Now when we double tap the text, we get symbols. Im gonna guess there is no way to send as text message ourselves, the phone will do it automatically

You can turn on airplane mode with a swipe up into control center. Otherwise just wait 15-20 seconds. :)

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Apple thinks we are all 12 year old girls! The new features in iMessege are ridiculous. I can't believe how silly the options are. I like the new look overall but the heartbeat and animations and other additions will not get used. I wish they added some functionality similar to FB Messenger.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

If there's an actual problem with it sending, try long pressing on the message/image. That should bring up the option to send as regular text.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

OMG IM SO GLAD TO SEE YOU!!! ��

I tried it and ended up disabling it. I already get decent predictions and auto correct for French without enabling this stuff. Extra Keyboards, Dictionaries, and my phone completely locked up requiring a hard reset when I disabled it while "Setting System Language."

Won't touch it again.

I was excited when I heard about this, but it would have been nice if they just had a drop down to set a second language for predictions, and did all of tit in the background without having to enable the extra keyboards, etc. and without having to deal with these system language configuration screens when you turn it off.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods