What is Apple thinking with iMessage?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Look again. Everything I mentioned above (heart, heart break, pulse, tap, kiss) will send automatically without approval on the iPhone.

I don't do that stuff on my phone. So IDK about that. But the new iMessage effects and stickers don't. Not any I've used. That's what I thought you referred to at first.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Instead of making a new thread; Can someone explain the app store for iMessage. I don't get it. Like ESPN, Buzzfeed, and a bunch of apps are in there but I don't understand what you do with them.

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
the ONE THING i dislike about the new iMsg, is the fact that i have to keep Reduce Motion off in order to see the cool new effects. Other than that, who wants to play connect four through iMsg? lol

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Instead of making a new thread; Can someone explain the app store for iMessage. I don't get it. Like ESPN, Buzzfeed, and a bunch of apps are in there but I don't understand what you do with them.

While in an iMessage click on the icon that looks like an A. Down on the very bottom in the middle is an icon of a timer and a dot. Click those and you'll either see the cursive text or some of the things you've downloaded from that store (swipe left or right). That's where you use them. I have the weather app, so if I tap on one of them it will send the weather in my text message.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
the ONE THING i dislike about the new iMsg, is the fact that i have to keep Reduce Motion off in order to see the cool new effects. Other than that, who wants to play connect four through iMsg? lol

Definitely. I much prefer reduce motion ON but still want the effects!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Some are games you can play with contacts in the messages app. Some are stickers you can send in text. Many are animated.
Tap on the App Store icon in the messages app.

f20c6b0d488bbab51c062a8751332229.jpg

Tap the 4 dots in the lower left corner
8d99ef14fb5ca6af1ef1dabc06530396.jpg

Tap the + to go to the App Store for iMessage apps and stickers.
865e9a5621834c27908a58bc6e1b9ed6.jpg

clickitykeys

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
It's just too busy and messy for my liking. Not the minimalistic Apple design that I like.

With WhatsApp throwing everyone's privacy to the dogs (well, to Facebook), there aren't that many good messaging apps around. iMessage was nice as it was, but it just feels "overcrowded" now.

I use Signal (the end-to-end encrypted messaging app, which had the encryption technology that was later provided to WhatsApp) with close friends and family. I like it a lot because it is a simple, uncomplicated interface and nobody is selling your contact info to anybody. The problem is that this is an app known to only about nine people, so I have to use iMessage from time to time when someone sends an SMS.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's just too busy and messy for my liking. Not the minimalistic Apple design that I like.

With WhatsApp throwing everyone's privacy to the dogs (well, to Facebook), there aren't that many good messaging apps around. iMessage was nice as it was, but it just feels "overcrowded" now.

I use Signal (the end-to-end encrypted messaging app, which had the encryption technology that was later provided to WhatsApp) with close friends and family. I like it a lot because it is a simple, uncomplicated interface and nobody is selling your contact info to anybody. The problem is that this is an app known to only about nine people, so I have to use iMessage from time to time when someone sends an SMS.

Not really. You don't have to use any of the new features. And it's not like it's up in your face. It's not. Just don't use or enable any of it and you'll be fine.

muchospanish

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I love the new messages.

I do get confused sometimes when I try to send a message and I end up in another screen that wants me to choose from a range of sounds. If I don't want to choose, I have to tap the little x in the circle, which seems like I'm canceling the text.

After two instances of this, though, I got the hang of it.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I love the new messages.

I do get confused sometimes when I try to send a message and I end up in another screen that wants me to choose from a range of sounds. If I don't want to choose, I have to tap the little x in the circle, which seems like I'm canceling the text.

After two instances of this, though, I got the hang of it.

It takes a force press to get to those, so just have to tap the blue [>] to send and you won't get there :)

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I love it! I haven't even begun to explore every nook and cranny but this morning I discovered that I can send handwritten love notes to my sweetie, in English or French, doesn't matter... hey I'm an incurable romantic I can't help it, lol. And the heartbeat thingie. I love iMessage now!!!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I wish I had the kind of time everyone else seems to have in order to be able to play with all these things.

muchospanish

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
[I should have tapped "Quote" instead of "Reply". Anyway, this is a reply to the post about not having time to use iOS 10]

That's because it becomes part of your life. I work a lot of hours, but I send a lot of texts and messages, I use Maps, even for my same route to work every day, just to get me around traffic, I listen to music, podcasts, check email, all on the iPhone, which I don't even use nearly as much as I use my iPad for work.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
With these iMessage options including animations, emojis and everything, does this start becoming less of a tool to use for business? I can't imagine a senior level person getting balloons and laser texts while trying to close a deal.

If it's not wanted for business, it doesn't need to be used.
A phone should be able to be both business and consumer. Falling into the trap of "tools not toys" didn't help BlackBerry at all.

Edit: I wish they would add hearts to the animations. ❤️❤️

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I love it! I haven't even begun to explore every nook and cranny but this morning I discovered that I can send handwritten love notes to my sweetie, in English or French, doesn't matter... hey I'm an incurable romantic I can't help it, lol. And the heartbeat thingie. I love iMessage now!!!

Did you see that you can use multiple languages now within a message and have the suggestions switch automatically?

If this was there before I hadn't noticed.

I typed esto en espa?ol sin tener que change the language and the predictions cambiaron autom?ticamente.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR