What is Apple thinking with iMessage?

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I really don't have an option to approve the digital touch or sound things *BEFORE* sending? Let alone cancel a one I drew? Are they wondering why people don't use this stuff?

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Right, I just saw that. They really seem to not take UI improvement ideas. Canceling when it's the bottom half of the screen is the X, but full screen is the down arrow? What kind of messed up UI is that? I've sent 1 intentionally, and like 10 by accident trying to send that one. Why not just let me press send, and not have them send it without me pressing send?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Once you use it once, you've figured it out like most new stuff.

Messed up UI would be letting someone press send and then have to press send again to make it go. If you don't want to send why would that be the answer? The (x) is pretty universal now, but I see what you're saying about the arrow. But again now you know it's there.

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Once you use it once, you've figured it out like most new stuff.

Messed up UI would be letting someone press send and then have to press send again to make it go. If you don't want to send why would that be the answer? The (x) is pretty universal now, but I see what you're saying about the arrow. But again now you know it's there.

Right. So when do I press send the first time to get the message sent? I've drawn these, and they send if I don't cancel. Do just a tap on the screen. It sends without me pressing send first.

If you draw a happy face, you usually draw the eyes first, right? Try that here, you'll send two circles. Imho, that couldn't have been tested too well.

GusHerb94

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't like the fact that all the added functionality adds a ton of complication. They also took away the hold down to record video button which I use all the time. Replaced it with some stupid feature in Digital Touch that only records up to 10 seconds. I just rolled both my devices back to 9.3.5...for now. I'll wait til they get some updates to 10 out.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Right. So when do I press send the first time to get the message sent? I've drawn these, and they send if I don't cancel. Do just a tap on the screen. It sends without me pressing send first.

If you draw a happy face, you usually draw the eyes first, right? Try that here, you'll send two circles. Imho, that couldn't have been tested too well.

I sent a happy face, no problem, before responding to your note. It didn't send until I told it to.

MonkeyJunky

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
I feel the new iMessage works wonderfully. Feels smooth, the new options are not invasive or hard to understand how to operate, and the interface feels like a nice balance of familiar with refreshed.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I've been using this a month. I don't see anything send I don't want to. Which effect or option do you refer to that sends without your approval?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
anyone able to send a hidden message in iMessage? I can't get this to work. (saw this feature in the Tips app).

It's called invisible ink. First, you must have reduce motion OFF in Accessibility. Then go to messages > type a text> long press on the blue arrow > Tap the dot by "invisible ink"> then tap the blue arrow.
Type message > Tap blue arrow
Then
52e1a4484d0e6c88405cf58f37a527e8.jpg

Then

0d51e11824f458d267ab8476f61ada65.jpg

Presto
b8878f6a31410eb78b71209fcb34d0cf.png

bld75

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
With these iMessage options including animations, emojis and everything, does this start becoming less of a tool to use for business? I can't imagine a senior level person getting balloons and laser texts while trying to close a deal.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
With these iMessage options including animations, emojis and everything, does this start becoming less of a tool to use for business? I can't imagine a senior level person getting balloons and laser texts while trying to close a deal.

only if you use those features. Still a great tool for businesses...remember, YOU have to initiate these features, they wont auto-populate your messages..