Thanks for the tip.
    sangs likes this.
    09-16-2016 09:29 AM
    I love it! I haven't even begun to explore every nook and cranny but this morning I discovered that I can send handwritten love notes to my sweetie, in English or French, doesn't matter... hey I'm an incurable romantic I can't help it, lol. And the heartbeat thingie. I love iMessage now!!!
    Sherry_B and blkcadi like this.
    09-16-2016 10:12 AM
    I wish I had the kind of time everyone else seems to have in order to be able to play with all these things.
    Tartarus likes this.
    09-16-2016 12:15 PM
    I wish I had the kind of time everyone else seems to have in order to be able to play with all these things.
    It's the oldness: retirement has its perks, lol.
    verks likes this.
    09-16-2016 12:21 PM
    Thanks for the tip.
    Did you mean?
    09-16-2016 12:29 PM
    63 and retired! What else do I do?
    carrickfergus and Tartarus like this.
    09-16-2016 12:57 PM
    [I should have tapped "Quote" instead of "Reply". Anyway, this is a reply to the post about not having time to use iOS 10]

That's because it becomes part of your life. I work a lot of hours, but I send a lot of texts and messages, I use Maps, even for my same route to work every day, just to get me around traffic, I listen to music, podcasts, check email, all on the iPhone, which I don't even use nearly as much as I use my iPad for work.
    09-16-2016 03:07 PM
    With these iMessage options including animations, emojis and everything, does this start becoming less of a tool to use for business? I can't imagine a senior level person getting balloons and laser texts while trying to close a deal.
    If it's not wanted for business, it doesn't need to be used.
    A phone should be able to be both business and consumer. Falling into the trap of "tools not toys" didn't help BlackBerry at all.

Edit: I wish they would add hearts to the animations. ❤️❤️
    09-17-2016 06:11 AM
    I love it! I haven't even begun to explore every nook and cranny but this morning I discovered that I can send handwritten love notes to my sweetie, in English or French, doesn't matter... hey I'm an incurable romantic I can't help it, lol. And the heartbeat thingie. I love iMessage now!!!
    Did you see that you can use multiple languages now within a message and have the suggestions switch automatically?

If this was there before I hadn't noticed.

I typed esto en espaol sin tener que change the language and the predictions cambiaron automticamente.
    09-17-2016 06:23 AM
    One of the features o like about the iOS 10 is the iMessage. Nothing else. It's really cool.
    09-17-2016 06:27 AM
    If it's not wanted for business, it doesn't need to be used.
    A phone should be able to be both business and consumer. Falling into the trap of "tools not toys" didn't help BlackBerry at all.

Edit: I wish they would add hearts to the animations. ❤️❤️
    There's hearts!
    Hearts by Apple
    https://appsto.re/us/J2ondb.i
    Or is this not what you mean?
    09-17-2016 06:31 AM
    There's hearts!
    Hearts by Apple
    https://appsto.re/us/J2ondb.i
    Or is this not what you mean?
    Oh thanks love but I meant in the animations. There are bubbles, confetti, laser, etc but no hearts.

Like if I say I love you I'd like to send a POOF of hearts with it.

I'm sure they'll add them later.
    09-17-2016 06:33 AM
    Oh thanks love but I meant in the animations. There are bubbles, confetti, laser, etc but no hearts.

Like if I say I love you I'd like to send a POOF of hearts with it.

I'm sure they'll add them later.
    Product Feedback - Apple

qbnkelt likes this.
    09-17-2016 06:46 AM
    Giving me a wee hint?? Hhhhhmmmmm???????

Edit: suggestion submitted.
    09-17-2016 07:01 AM
    Did you see that you can use multiple languages now within a message and have the suggestions switch automatically?

If this was there before I hadn't noticed.

I typed esto en espaol sin tener que change the language and the predictions cambiaron automticamente.
    No it's new: sometimes I'd forget to switch back to English (with SwiftKey) and I swear sentences looked like I had a head injury and was typing with my feet, lol.

OMG IM SO GLAD TO SEE YOU!!!
    Tartarus, qbnkelt and muchospanish like this.
    09-17-2016 08:03 AM
    Giving me a wee hint?? Hhhhhmmmmm???????

Edit: suggestion submitted.
    lol

YUP! I think it's a good suggestion though
    qbnkelt likes this.
    09-17-2016 08:31 AM
    No it's new: sometimes I'd forget to switch back to English (with SwiftKey) and I swear sentences looked like I had a head injury and was typing with my feet, lol.

OMG IM SO GLAD TO SEE YOU!!!
    Thank you!!!! You're very sweet. ❤️
    Evilguppy and violetjune like this.
    09-17-2016 10:01 AM
    Rockdog97...but someone can send you all the stuff in a text, correct?
    Well, yes... I'm not aware of any way to disable these features to turn them off/keep from receiving text messages with these animations.. But if someone is dumb enough to send a senior level person balloons and laser texts w/o knowing that person well enough... then.....
    09-18-2016 06:41 PM
    Oh and THE new feature that I LOVE about the new iMessages, turn your phone to landscape, then tap on the little squiggly icon on the bottom right and you can actually DRAW with your finger..
    Tartarus likes this.
    09-18-2016 06:46 PM
    Well, yes... I'm not aware of any way to disable these features to turn them off/keep from receiving text messages with these animations.. But if someone is dumb enough to send a senior level person balloons and laser texts w/o knowing that person well enough... then.....
    If you don't want to receive the effects like balloons and fireworks, go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Toggle on Reduce motion.
    Rockdog97 likes this.
    09-18-2016 09:46 PM
    Before IOS10, if my imessage wasn't going through in 15-20 seconds, I used to double tap the message and I had the option to SEND AS TEXT MESSAGE. Now when we double tap the text, we get symbols. Im gonna guess there is no way to send as text message ourselves, the phone will do it automatically
    09-19-2016 02:35 PM
    Before IOS10, if my imessage wasn't going through in 15-20 seconds, I used to double tap the message and I had the option to SEND AS TEXT MESSAGE. Now when we double tap the text, we get symbols. Im gonna guess there is no way to send as text message ourselves, the phone will do it automatically
    You can turn on airplane mode with a swipe up into control center. Otherwise just wait 15-20 seconds.
    09-19-2016 06:22 PM
    Oh, IOS 10 = IToys
    09-20-2016 01:27 AM
    Apple thinks we are all 12 year old girls! The new features in iMessege are ridiculous. I can't believe how silly the options are. I like the new look overall but the heartbeat and animations and other additions will not get used. I wish they added some functionality similar to FB Messenger.
    bld75 likes this.
    09-22-2016 05:38 PM
    If there's an actual problem with it sending, try long pressing on the message/image. That should bring up the option to send as regular text.
    09-23-2016 04:50 PM
76 1234