Text messaging app will not open

mike1515

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I did the update through iTunes with my iPhone 6s Plus and I have noticed that after awhile the text messaging stock app will not open. I have to turn the phone off and on. I tried closing the app and re open it and it opens then goes blank. Just a white screen in app.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have been using text messaging all day long after the update and haven't had this issue.

Next time this happens for you, simply double click the home button and force close the messages app and open it again.
Saves you from restarting your device all the time.

Having said that, I have no idea why this keeps happening to the two of you.

Last edited:

mommybetts

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have been using text messaging all day long after the update and haven't had this issue.

Next time this happens for you, simply double click the home button and force close the messages app and open it again.
Saves you from restarting your device all the time.

Having said that, I have no idea why this keeps happening to the of you.

I did that also. It was getting stuck when I was trying to download the update for the watch too. I had to restart my phone a few times. Im just going to leave my phone on the charger for a while.

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I've been having this same issue all afternoon since i've updated. Just had to restart the phone again a few minutes ago. Force closing the Messages app doesn't fix the issue. Using iPhone 6s Plus.

mommybetts

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Here's a screen shot of my text messages. It's doing it again.
421f7f7b99862cf11220b9437e05a3b6.jpg

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Hard reset meaning delete everything on the phone? Or just holding the power button and home button at the same time, if the latter, I've done that. Still no improvement.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hard reset meaning delete everything on the phone? Or just holding the power button and home button at the same time, if the latter, I've done that. Still no improvement.

No. A hard reset:
Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR