Text Replacement Missing after ios10 Update

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Not trying to be mean but I wish people would stop giving incorrect advice. Just because you couldn't figure out a way to do it doesn't mean there is not a way to do it. Toggling the iCloud Drive on and off definitely solved this problem!

So before you tell someone to waste an hour of their time putting in all of that new information perhaps you should be a little patient in waiting to see what others solutions are...

This poor guy had barely posted his question and you are the third response on page 1 of 40 pages of responses and already you're telling him there's no solution to this it has to be done manually without waiting to see whether or not others could possibly be more solution oriented than you were!

I stand by my reply.
When it happened to me that trick didn’t work. And to my best knowledge I gave him a tip.
That toggling off and on may work but it’s no guarantee whereas my tip is as solid as a rock.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Not trying to be mean but I wish people would stop giving incorrect advice. Just because you couldn't figure out a way to do it doesn't mean there is not a way to do it. Toggling the iCloud Drive on and off definitely solved this problem!

So before you tell someone to waste an hour of their time putting in all of that new information perhaps you should be a little patient in waiting to see what others solutions are and wait to see whether or not others could possibly be more solution oriented than you were!

Welcome to iMore! We are an open community with members of all levels of expertise and experience. Some solutions work for some while others don’t. Most of us speak from our own personal experiences and do our best to be helpful. In this case, @Tartarus did just that. If your opinion differs feel free to share it with our community! Again, we are all here to help the best we can!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

So before you tell someone to waste an hour of their time putting in all of that new information perhaps you should be a little patient in waiting to see what others solutions are and wait to see whether or not others could possibly be more solution oriented than you were!

I had mine disappear and no amount of toggling worked. Even adding or removing on my Mac didn’t sync them. It was only after the next update came out that they came back. Very weird.

A previous time I was able to get them back with the toggle but not the most recent.

Some situations work well for some at different times. Other times even the same “solutions” don’t work.

If you’re using text replacement a lot, it doesn’t hurt to have a backup somehow just in case. FYI if you have a Mac, you can select all your shortcuts and drag to the desktop to create a text backup. You can drag the text file back on to bring them back if they disappear there (or if you get a new machine and they don’t come back). Unfortunately doesn’t seem to be another way to do it with iOS!

cheap12345678

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I stand by my reply.
When it happened to me that trick didn’t work. And to my best knowledge I gave him a tip.
That toggling off and on may work but it’s no guarantee whereas my tip is as solid as a rock.

LOL! Well... I wouldn't exactly define telling him there's no solution as a "tip"

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My new iPhone 7plus refused to synchronize my text replacements for a week. I tried everything I gleaned from the internet without luck. This morning, tried one more time and it worked! Here is written did:
SETTINGS ➡️ GENERAL ➡️ KEYBOARD ➡️ TURN EVERYTHING OFF ➡️ SHUT DOWN PHONE ➡️ AFTER A MINUTE OR TWO, TURN PHONE BACK ON ➡️ VOILA! My shortcuts returned! Don't forget to turn everything under KEYBOARD back on.

I'll keep this in mind and try it next time :)

muscles27

Aug 9, 2017
Visit site
Thanks robertk328, I went to settings -> iCloud and turned off iCloud Drive and turned it back on and it worked!!! My Text Replacements are back on my new iPad Pro!!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77