Text Replacement Missing after ios10 Update

kalel715

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Hello all. I updated to iOS 10 via iTunes, as I downgraded from the beta, and now all of my text replacements are missing. I tried signing out and back in of iCloud. Rebooting the phone. Nada. I feel like this has happened before. Does anyone have any suggestions? I use this feature all of the time.

Thanks in advance

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
You can go to settings -> iCloud and turn off iCloud Drive. Turn it back on and they should come back.

I had the same thing happen :)

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I had that same issue too a while ago.
There is no getting them back. You'll have to add them back manually.
Which reminds me, I just took screenshots of all my text replacements, just to be sure I will be able to add them all back if god forbid the same happened to me again.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the feedback. And tried that too and had no luck. ��

OK, try signing out of iCloud and back in again. Do you have any other devices that they may have sync'd to? Then you can verify if they're still on your account.

I lost them in both my phone and laptop and disabling and re-enabling of iCloud Drive got them back in both cases.

kalel715

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I do have them on my mac and iPad. I'm leery of deleting them though. Are you saying to turn off/on iCloud Drive on another device to see if it will jog something?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I do have them on my mac and iPad. I'm leery of deleting them though. Are you saying to turn off/on iCloud Drive on another device to see if it will jog something?

Definitely don't delete them on the devices that have them. I just know that toggling iCloud drive on devices that DON'T have them. helped bring them back.

on your iPhone, if you go to the text replacement in settings, do they show up or are they just not working?

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I did a clean install of iOS 10 - which was a nightmare, I should have just stuck with the GM candidate that I already had installed- and my keyboard shortcuts aren't syncing between my Mac (with Sierra) and phone. I have tried every single troubleshooting step regarding this issue.

This seems to be a transient issue with iOS, I have experienced it in the past with 9.x and I'm currently experiencing it. In the past, if I just wait a few days they'll magically begin to sync. I don't have a lot of shortcuts but it would be nice to not worry about them not syncing.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Hello all. I updated to iOS 10 via iTunes, as I downgraded from the beta, and now all of my text replacements are missing. I tried signing out and back in of iCloud. Rebooting the phone. Nada. I feel like this has happened before. Does anyone have any suggestions? I use this feature all of the time.

Thanks in advance

Out of curiosity, what did you replace text with?

Matthew110607

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
I use text replacement so that my phone never corrects to "ducking" or "shot"

I also have a shortcut that when I type "@@" it types my email address for me. I do the same for my phone number with "##"
I literally have at least a thousand shortcuts. Or had I should say.

Acronyms emails even myadd that has my full address.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I fixed mine by turning off iCloud Drive and rebooting my Mac, then turning iCloud Drive back on.

After rebooting and then turning iCloud Drive back on, the shortcuts from my Mac synced to my phone (read: the shortcuts on my phone were overwritten) and they seemed to be syncing back and forth now.

I think the key is rebooting your devices.

kalel715

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Exactly my though. It's happened in several releases. I had to do a clean install too. Other iCloud devices have been wonky after update to iOS 10. A server issue from apple perhaps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR