Ios10 home button delay

kampana123

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Anyone expriencing a second+ delay once you click on the home button once you're any app, until it finally comes back to the home screen?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Nope, but your device is facing re-indexing of a lot of things since the new install.... Give it a bit of time and report back.

You can also change the setting to reset finger to open in Accessibility.

kampana123

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Nope, but your device is facing re-indexing of a lot of things since the new install.... Give it a bit of time and report back.

You can also change the setting to reset finger to open in Accessibility.

Still happens. A day after. Some people see the delay but have no problem with it. I compare it to my 3 years iPad and there it works fine (with iOS 10 of course)

Chilily

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I have it too and its about a second delay on my 6S and it is annoying. It's been a day already but i'll give it a few more time...

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Do a complete backup, then factory reset. Before re-installing from backup check to see if the issue is still there. If it is, submit a bug report directly to Apple. Then re-install from your backup.

vngr

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Settings > General > Accessibility > turn off Accessibility Shortcut = No lag when you press the home button. You're welcome

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I have it bad on my 256gb 7. I got mine on release day, restored from back up of my 6s Plus and its super sow on closing apps. My 6s Plus is buttery smooth and you can do the thing where you open any app then close it before it opens. Looks really cool lol but my 7 cant, like its in slow motion. I turned the accessibility off and its still does it. My 6s Plus runs perfect. I wish there was a fix for this. There are many people on the apple support community website asking for a fix.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
It's not really noticeable on my 6s, but on my iPad Mini 2, oh boy...

Haven't really noticed any delay on my iPad Mini 2. I restored from backup. I might just remove the 10.1 beta, and restore as new and then install the beta to see if I notice anything different.

kocior

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
Settings > General > Accessibility > turn off Accessibility Shortcut = No lag when you press the home button. You're welcome

Your solution was the closest one to how I handled and ultimately resolved it on my iPhone.
Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> turn off Easy Access.
Worked for me just fine - adios, home button lag! :)
I guess most people are having problems with it because Easy Access is enabled by default (or at least that's the case with my phone).

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Your solution was the closest one to how I handled and ultimately resolved it on my iPhone.
Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> turn off Easy Access.
Worked for me just fine - adios, home button lag! :)
I guess most people are having problems with it because Easy Access is enabled by default (or at least that's the case with my phone).

Interesting since I don't even have a setting under >>> Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> called Easy Access? Where is that? Not there on my iPhone 7 10.0.2?

What does it do? I don't see anything on Google unless you're talking about 3D touch?