iOS 10 - NICE BRICK!!!

midnighte13

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Had the same issue with my 6s and iPad Pro 9.7". Ran update through iTunes, both are back up and running. Interesting though that iTunes updates to 10.0.1. I'm wondering if OTA is a 10.0 and is the issue.

zog1977

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
quick question: i have never used itunes to back up. When i plug into itunes with the update finish? will it erase my phone?

can i then back up from icloud?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
From Apple:
"We experienced a brief issue with the software update process, affecting a small number of users during the first hour of availability. The problem was quickly resolved and we apologize to those customers. Anyone who was affected should connect to iTunes to complete the update or contact AppleCare for help.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Looking on 9to5Mac.com, Apple released a statement that said the supposed issues causing the bricking has been fixed.

If they really fixed it, I dunno.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone 6S+ is now a brick...thanks! Probably spend the rest of the afternoon trying to get it back. What a POS!

Bricked = phone being dead, unable to use and/or turn on.. What you have is a failed iOS installation, not a brick. Your phone can and most likely will recover with a drop of time / effort. Bricked = Need a new phone, or you now have a fancy paperweight.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
i'm trying to download again, my problem now is that the app store wont connect on my mac to allow me to download the latest version of itunes. FML

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Sorry you find the truth told succinctly to be aggressive.

I dont think its the truth that is seen as aggressive, its the fact that as we all well know, until this actually happens to you, you dont need someone playing semantics with words. What did the post actually solve?

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Bricked = phone being dead, unable to use and/or turn on.. What you have is a failed iOS installation, not a brick. Your phone can and most likely will recover with a drop of time / effort. Bricked = Need a new phone, or you now have a fancy paperweight.

This again, as the last post explaining the proper terminology, is missing the complete point of this thread.

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
In other news...

Yep, connect to iTunes for me, too. So, no phone till later tonight. Priceless.
Confirmed with Apple support, too. Reload the OS via iTunes, and then preform your restore via iTunes or iCloud.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
The device is not a brick. In technical terms the title of the thread is misleading to general users. If this were the true case the device is never able to be used again, ever....

But having a bad iOS install does not meet the above criteria. Even if said user does not have iTunes available right now, it only means it's not usable at the present time, but still can be recovered at a later time.

It's a iOS install issue that Apple has already addressed publicly stating to use iTunes if this happens to the user..

People were jumping the gun on calling "Bricked" which is not true. There has been true cases where the device in turn was a true brick with a result of something on Apples end which required users to call Apple or go into the store to have the issue resolved.

Apple screwed up. I can't apologize for them..

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Borrowed a friends computer and I am getting nowhere. iTunes says I have to update and then it seems to download before erroring out and saying I have to restore. That to does the same thing. Constant loop.

Any suggestions. Both my iPad and iPhone are out now. My wife started the iPad update before I could warn her.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Borrowed a friends computer and I am getting nowhere. iTunes says I have to update and then it seems to download before erroring out and saying I have to restore. That to does the same thing. Constant loop.

Any suggestions. Both my iPad and iPhone are out now. My wife started the iPad update before I could warn her.

iTunes up to date?

pamsegel

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine has taken 3 hours with iTunes, finally restoring. I backed up this morning in iTunes.
I went through the error update many times. Patience. I restarted my computer and finally. iTunes is updated.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Its not a brick just because you do not know how to fix it.
If you can still access Recovery mode or DFU mode and reload the OS then its not a brick.

If you do not have access to Itunes then go to an apple store and they can reload the OS for you.

SkydiverTilt

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I have an very old version of iTunes and a Mac that is just barely clinging to life...with that said it got 9.5.3 back into the phone. Updating to 10 now...hopefully get this BRICK back.

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site
That's what I get for being anxious and wanting the shiniest, newest thing ASAP. I just hope the rest of my updates tonight (Watch, ATV, Mac and iPad Pro) go smoother.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2