Official iOS 10.0.2 Now Available

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
That is what my daughter is going through now. She can't seem to do anything with the phone connected to iTunes. Any suggestions to help get her restored to iOS 9 then try again..

Plug your device into your computer with a USB cable.
Turn off the device.
Hold the Power button for 3 seconds.
Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds.
Release the Power button but keep holding the Home button.
After about 15 seconds you will be alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode.

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Downloaded OTA and didn't have any issues, didn't take too long either. iPhone 6s Plus. Going thru now noting what all the changes are. Everything seems to be working fine, except my Bitmoji keyboard won't open. It keeps saying to open keyboard settings and allow full access, which I have done several times... also deleted the Bitmoji app and re-installed from scratch...still won't open.....so far though everything else is working fine.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Plug your device into your computer with a USB cable.
Turn off the device.
Hold the Power button for 3 seconds.
Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds.
Release the Power button but keep holding the Home button.
After about 15 seconds you will be alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode.

then I assume she does a restore? or continue with the update?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Got up late and just finished the OTA update on phone, now 10.0.1.

I can't remember if I did the GM update, but I tried to stop on the last beta before it. Then I deleted the beta profile wanting to get the Offical 10.0 Update.

I did/tired the same thing with the wOS beta, but SU says I'm at 3.0 and up to date.

Now it's time to see if anything went sideways. No bricking!

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Still have two outstanding issues that I have filed radars on since mid-beta cycles. In safari, when I use a character like a comma or a question mark, it fails to go back to a letter. Also, when commenting on a site like this one, safari doesn't scroll with my typing. That is all for now.

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Found a minor visual glitch. In the messages app, with the keyboard open, swipe from the left edge of the screen to the right as though to go back to your messages inbox, but don't complete the swipe. Keep your finger on the screen and swipe the back from right to left to essentially stay in your current conversation. When you do this, the keyboard freaks out and "bounces".

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
These are the two error messages she is getting. Not sure how to help her. I'm having her try using another computer/iTunes to see if that helps. Or is this just a product of a gazzilion people trying to download the file?

Any suggestions?

iTunes Error.jpg
iTunes Error1.jpg

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Not a huge issue, but noticed that SnapChat is a little laggy with iOS 10. I'm sure it'll smooth out with an update on their end soon

I also noticed, just as it did in beta versions, when I hold home button and side button together and do a hard reset, the screen goes all funky and different colors and fades out instead of just going black as it did in the past.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I updated my 6S Plus as soon as the software was avail here, 1pm EST. Overall took about 25 mins start to finish with no problems.

Watch OS3 on the other hand has been taking FOREVER. To download and install ! I can't wait till it's done

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Omg, so many people with problems,errors,bugs,bricks. I'm checking if it's iMore or android forum. �� Haha. They feel this everyday. Well: iPhone 5s with iOS 10 installed.

Sent from my iPad 2, a little slow, but better than 2016 android tablets✌

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal