iOS 10 issues

nick0786

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Last night my friend downloaded and installed iOS 10 (I'm assuming GM because she never installed the beta, but downloaded the file at one point). Today, her service keeps going off and on (AT&T) and iMessages don't work. Any ideas on how to fix this (besides turning the phone and iMessage off and on, because we tried that and it's still not working)??

nick0786

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Nope, haven't tried that. What does that do exactly? I see it says it will restore network settings to factory defaults, but what do those entail exactly? I'm assuming wifi networks will be forgotten, but anything else? Factory resets scare me lol.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed this post on the iPhone 6s forum: http://forums.imore.com/iphone-6s/365890-carrier-update-t-24-2-a.html#post2803366

How did you get the carrier update on iOS 10? I upgraded to the beta but couldn't send SMS messages; Apple help told me it was because AT&T's carrier settings don't support iOS 10 yet (or something), so I had to go back to 9. Any suggestions? I noticed they just did one last beta update but I can't find anywhere that tells me if AT&T will support it yet or if I have to wait five whole days until Wednesday.

So maybe that's the issue? (I'm on Verizon myself, and messages has been working fine on my phone since I installed the beta a few weeks ago.)

nick0786

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Okay, now I'M not getting any service! I have Sprint and she has AT&T. Could it just be our location here at work? Not sure what's going on here now...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73