Voicemail Transcriptions on iOS 10 (Carrier Issue / Reset Network?)

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Why would it be a 6s and up only thing? Raise to wake sure cause of the force touch...

No idea, must require more processing power or a part of the chip not found in the iPhone 6. It's on the apple site that the iPhone 6 and earlier are not supported for this.

Sugrat

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a 6s and it's not working for me so I don't think it's that. Verizon doesn't seem know how to fix it neither.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
My 6S plus (AT&T) has not been working since I updated to the Gold Master. For whatever reason it is now working. I checked it this morning and its now available.

Sugrat

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok finally got mine working, two things I had to do was change Siri to English (United States), I'm British but living in the US so mine was set to United Kingdom. Then I went into about and there was a carrier update, did the update and restated the phone (it doesn't ask) but I did it anyways. Turned on and left a new voicemail and 30 seconds later it was working. So it was either the carrier update or the Siri change (which makes sense seeing it translates speech in words) - hope this helps.

Last edited:

nyfan03

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Ok finally got mine working, two things I had to do was change Siri to English (United States), I'm British but living in the US so mine was set to United Kingdom. Then I went into about and there was a carrier update, did the update and restated the phone (it doesn't ask) but I did it anyways. Turned on and left a new voicemail and 30 seconds later it was working. So it was either the carrier update or the Siri change (which makes sense seeing it translates speech in words) - hope this helps.

I have a 6splus and on the ATT network. Tried everything but the transcribing feature is not working.

Sicily1918

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
T-Mobile on a 6s.

Just got it working!
  • Siri Language setting untouched -- at English (United States).
  • Siri Voice setting untouched -- at British (Female).
  • Went to Settings -> General -> About
    • Carrier was T-Mobile 25.1
    • As I was looking at it, iPhone informed me of a carrier update.
    • Carrier updated to T-Mobile 25.2
  • Transcriptions still didn't work.
  • Rebooted phone.
  • Transcriptions are fine now!
One additional note: before the reboot/working transcription, none of my VMs, old or new, displayed "Transcription not available" -- it said nothing at all. Now the old ones say that, the new ones get transcribed.

Update: looks like the iPhone's going through and transcribing my old, pre-iOS 10 VMs! :)

Last edited:

Shaunessy22

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Ugh I have tried everything, and it still doesn't work. I've made sure to have the language to English (US), no need to update carrier settings, I've reset network settings, and even rebooted the phone. Still no voicemail transcriptions but my sister gets them, and we have the same phone (iPhone 6S with AT&T). Very frustrating

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Mine worked on my iPhone 7 when I got it home. Updated the 7 to 10.0.1 and did a restore. Now I don't see it anymore. Not sure if it was the 10.0.1 that screwed it up OR the restore. Will have to try all the settings Sunday/Monday. I have 80 people coming to a company BBQ today and I am here at 2:30am can't sleep.. so blah!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Huh... I don't have to do that in my 6s, I just tap the VM to expand it and there's the text...

You may be right. I only did it once. I thought I long pressed. Yep. Just tap. The 3D Touch is for the options. Call, message, add to Contacts,etc. I stand corrected.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I had to reset my iPhone 7 as new 3 times for various reasons. But even after a clean / new system I still don't have the transcriptions. I have pretty much a default system with Siri at US English and Standard Siri voice.. I will have to check online again to see if any other tweaks.

NinjaMom

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I am wondering why I don't see Voicemail Transcriptions on iOS 10.0.1? I was told it was out on the last public beta. I have never seen it. Is it not on AT&T. I did a couple Google search and did not find much. Maybe there was a post about it only being on the 6S and newer and not on he iPhone 6. Anyone shed some light?

I only found a few articles about resetting the network settings or swapping sim cards.

Thanks

I'm on Sprint. I'm getting transcriptions. I have the 6s plus.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen