Voicemail Transcriptions on iOS 10 (Carrier Issue / Reset Network?)

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering why I don't see Voicemail Transcriptions on iOS 10.0.1? I was told it was out on the last public beta. I have never seen it. Is it not on AT&T. I did a couple Google search and did not find much. Maybe there was a post about it only being on the 6S and newer and not on he iPhone 6. Anyone shed some light?

I only found a few articles about resetting the network settings or swapping sim cards.

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm on AT&T's network and I am running iOS 10.0.1. Having said that, I haven't received any voicemail messages since installing the GM, but I do recall seeing the VM transcripts on the previous beta version.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I just don't have any voice mails since then? I guess I will have to call myself sometime or ask my wife to :)

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, but that's 2-months old.. and it says

Older voicemails received prior to the update do not receive transcriptions; instead they simply note the following: Transcription not available. Text from transcriptions can be copied using the standard iOS clipboard tools.

.... I don't even get that. I am on 10.0.1 and don't see any VM changes at all... 7 is on order, so we will see with the new phone when it arrives. Wiping my 6 and giving it to my wife, and she will have a clean install of 10 at that time. Maybe then something will happen. Will see next weekend when the 7 arrives on Friday.

Sugrat

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Mine is also not working on Verizon, tried the network reset and also pulling the sim without any luck, like you hoping it's working on my 7 when it comes.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Voicemail transcriptions seem fine on my 6s Plus running the GM. I came from the public beta.

Last edited:

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Have 6s AT&T and 10.0.1 GM installed. Am receiving transcribed voicemails. Seems to be a timing issue. Example:

1. I don't get to the phone fast enough and the voicemail is left. It says transcribing but I listen and delete before it's done.

2. I'm in a meeting and receive 2 voicemails. When I open the voicemail tab and click on one it is already transcribed.

Not sure what it means. It's seems to work best if you close out of the voicemail and give it time to process but by then you could just listen to it.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Ya some of mine have ben like

"Hey.......... This is........Wanted to touch base about..........."

Lot's of missing stuff

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
How do you enable it? Do you have to pay extra?

Supposed to be automatic... but I don't see it at all on my iPhone 6 with iOS 10.0.1 on AT&T

My iPhone 7 comes in a week, so will just assume it will work there. The 6 will be reset for my wife with a clean install, so who knows?

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Working for me in Australia with Telstra, one caveat (that I'm not sure is still a requirement with GM) is that I had to set my Siri Language to English (United States) to force this to work.

Here is the extract from the GM release notes:

Phone
Voicemail transcription (beta) is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, and iPhone SE with Siri language set to English (United States or Canada)

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Working for me in Australia with Telstra, one caveat (that I'm not sure is still a requirement with GM) is that I had to set my Siri Language to English (United States) to force this to work.

Here is the extract from the GM release notes:

Phone
Voicemail transcription (beta) is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, and iPhone SE with Siri language set to English (United States or Canada)

Well as mentioned in my 1st post, I am on an iPhone 6 not 6s, so that could be why (as posted in my OP)... but since no one commented on it, I assumed I was wrong and it worked on the 6. So that explains it.. I guess. Since your post says transcription (beta) is avai.... wondering when off Beta if that changes? Or will only be 6s forward. Thought the GM would be as fully functional as what's coming this week. But I guess will wait for my 7 and check out how it works next weekend.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Well as mentioned in my 1st post, I am on an iPhone 6 not 6s, so that could be why (as posted in my OP)... but since no one commented on it, I assumed I was wrong and it worked on the 6. So that explains it.. I guess. Since your post says transcription (beta) is avai.... wondering when off Beta if that changes? Or will only be 6s forward. Thought the GM would be as fully functional as what's coming this week. But I guess will wait for my 7 and check out how it works next weekend.

Most likely will remain the same going forward. SE, 6S and up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox