iOS 10 GM for public. How are you liking it ?

CyreneK

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
They've been darkening the screens a long time. But it got worse in iOS 10 beta. I Reset All Settings, and it got back to like in iOS 9. Light colored wallpapers will still darken. Some will. But it's been like that several years.

I tried that and it didn't work at all

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
yups you can do that.. but and if iOS 11 beta rolls out then you have to download new beta profile.

You would have to regardless. Had to delete the 9 beta profile to install the 10. Would assume you would have to delete the 10 profile to install the 11, etc.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
most of us nowadays normally use the messenger services like whatsapp, wechat etc so whats the use of animating the message app on iOS .

Where do you get that statistic? I don't use any 3rd party messenger service. Actually the people I message with, office, friends, etc.. do not use 3rd party message services. Can I see where you get the "most of us" part?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that really bothers me that they did that. I had beta one and two and it worked fine. I honestly can't stand the animations so I guess I'll have to miss out on that part of messaging.

I've totally gotten used to them now. Do I prefer the reduce motion ON? Absolutely. But now that I have it off, it's just part of how it works for me.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
That totally depends on the usage. Here in india mostly whatsapp is used not the default message as it is chargeable and could even go upto ₹5(5 rupees) ie approx $0.7
I completely agree and understand. I'm just saying different markets demand different thing, and the US market in particular is heavy on iMessages.

Everyone I know with family overseas uses WhatsApp, but almost everyone I know in the US uses some combination of iMessage or Facebook Messenger.

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Where do you get that statistic? I don't use any 3rd party messenger service. Actually the people I message with, office, friends, etc.. do not use 3rd party message services. Can I see where you get the "most of us" part?

read my next post I specifically mentioned in INDIA

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I completely agree and understand. I'm just saying different markets demand different thing, and the US market in particular is heavy on iMessages.

Everyone I know with family overseas uses WhatsApp, but almost everyone I know in the US uses some combination of iMessage or Facebook Messenger.

i could`nt agree more. I was in US for some time and got aware that the usage of imessages was heavy as compared to 3rd party apps. so ios 10 basically cater that part of the world which mostly rely on imessages

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I took the plunge and installed it yesterday. Other than the initial setup screen after the upgrade crashing multiple times, I am genuinely surprised at how polished it is.

I am disappointed that a lot of the stock wallpapers were removed, but at least that obnoxious lock screen zooming bug is gone so I can feel better about custom wallpapers.

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I took the plunge and installed it yesterday. Other than the initial setup screen after the upgrade crashing multiple times, I am genuinely surprised at how polished it is.

I am disappointed that a lot of the stock wallpapers were removed, but at least that obnoxious lock screen zooming bug is gone so I can feel better about custom wallpapers.

yups that is great. I really liked that now we can remove the unwanted stock apps which used to occupy the space.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
read my next post I specifically mentioned in INDIA

You should have deleted or modified your 1st post (before people commented), if you don't want comments based on what you do post. Many of us read in the order posted, not backwards. You can't generalize the world based on India's usage. Would be like me assuming more people take off July 4th than those that don't. Being someone that moved 30 times and lived in EU, I realize each country has it's own thing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR