iOS GM public beta question

richxps

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi can someone confirm if I remove the beta profile from my phone after public beta GM is installed will I go back to regular released updates ?thanks all

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes but you will get releases quicker on Public beta if you keep it installed before they are released fully to public. By having it removed. you will be back to being one of them lol

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi can someone confirm if I remove the beta profile from my phone after public beta GM is installed will I go back to regular released updates ?thanks all

I think you would still have to do the iTunes restore to 10 and resync all your stuff. I think it keeps going in the beta because the next would be an update to 10 if needed 10.x.x and so on. The two run simultaneously side by side but don't mingle, i think...

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I think you would still have to do the iTunes restore to 10 and resync all your stuff.

Ugh. I'm thinking this is the case, and hoping it's not. I'm probably not going to updater iOS or wOS any more beyond b4 and b3, respectively. My hope is that when the OSs ship, that it won't be the GM I get a notification for, but the regular 'street' version.

What may happen if I toss the profile, is that I don't get any update notifications at all. But I think my best chance, if this is even a possibility, is to stop updating before the GM.

When El Cap came out, I was on a b version, and I got the update to the GM, not the street version, but I hadn't tossed the beta profile. I realize the versions are the same, but I'd rather not get beta updates once the GM ships.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You can leave the profile installed as the public release is the same as the last beta...or, if not - the public release version is pushed to the beta channel as well.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner