Couple of things in the new notification area.

• I see in the most recent update they have added the Date - Why does this have to be so big, and why does it span over two lines?? Also, it can't be removed. It looks horrible, like someone just added it in there using paint, and doesn't match the rest of the style.
    • Widgets with "Nothing to display" like the Calendar, that says "No Events". Why does it still take up a whole widget space. It should shrink down accordingly.

Notification Widgets / Layout Annoyances-ios10_screen.png
    CyreneK likes this.
    08-10-2016 09:42 AM
    Personally I like the date the way it sits, however this is going to be totally a personal preference.

I do agree with the widgets should shrink down when no information to display.
    08-10-2016 09:54 AM
    I like the addition of the date, but I agree... too big. It could fit on one line.
    Mac Guy likes this.
    08-10-2016 10:07 AM
    Odd mine has a comma between day and Month/Date
    08-10-2016 10:09 AM
    Same here
    08-10-2016 10:20 AM
    Widgets with "Nothing to display" like the Calendar, that says "No Events". Why does it still take up a whole widget space. It should shrink down accordingly.
    This bugs me too. And on the Watch complication, why say No Events? Why not just blank? Or fill it in with a John Handy affirmation.

It may be the way you have it formatted in Settings. Mine say August 10 not 10 August (as we did in the military) so the comma thing is probably similar.

I might like the date line 1pt. smaller as the optical illusion effect sometimes makes the bottom line look bigger than the bottom. But it's ok as is for me.
    08-10-2016 11:31 AM
    I don't see the date an issue. Just nudge it up and it's gone. I scroll through my widgets anyway, so it doesn't really matter. The widgets I had with spacing issues seems fixed.
    08-10-2016 11:33 AM
    Mine has the comma as well.
    08-10-2016 11:35 AM
    If you change the region format to United Kingdom, the format changes to no comma I was not able to find a way to change the format to rearrange the formatting with English US settings.

Side note, if you access widgets from locked screen the time is also above the date. This might be an already known feature, just tossing it out there.
    taeisme and nikkisharif like this.
    08-10-2016 11:56 AM
    Yup it's been there.
    08-10-2016 12:26 PM
    I don't like the two different backgrounds.
    ejraney likes this.
    08-10-2016 05:36 PM
    I don't like the two different backgrounds.
    I've seen some say it is for 3rd party widgets, and one state it was showing for apps that are not optimized for iOS 10 yet.
    Either way, it's distracting from the overall look.
    CyreneK likes this.
    08-10-2016 05:48 PM
    The Today screen on the iOS 9.3.4 notification center shows the date/time at the top. Looks the same as in 10.
    Here it is on my iPhone 5 running 9.3.4.
    Not much different.
    08-10-2016 09:43 PM
    I've seen some say it is for 3rd party widgets, and one state it was showing for apps that are not optimized for iOS 10 yet.
    Either way, it's distracting from the overall look.

It doesn't bother me either way. Interesting bit about maybe it's because the apps aren't optimized for i10 and not because they'er third-party.

I had no problems with widget spacing, but with the space widgets use. I'm still getting large widget foot prints when there's no info but "nothing to see here" messages. Maybe Apple is going for a very uniform look. But if there's no info to impart, then why even show the widget?? Or have it go away after the first look of the day.
    08-13-2016 12:22 AM
    The Today screen on the iOS 9.3.4 notification center shows the date/time at the top. Looks the same as in 10.
    Here it is on my iPhone 5 running 9.3.4.
    Not much different.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...45e80bd0a4.jpg
    It doesn't look much different, that's the problem. Change the entire area but leave that looking like the old one. It'd be nice if it had its own bubble and fitted in at the top on one line, giving you the option to remove it if needed. But I guess that's something I have to get used to with apple... being given options on customisation.
    08-13-2016 01:49 AM
    It doesn't look much different, that's the problem. Change the entire area but leave that looking like the old one. It'd be nice if it had its own bubble and fitted in at the top on one line, giving you the option to remove it if needed. But I guess that's something I have to get used to with apple... being given options on customisation.
    Looks fine to me. I haven't given it a thought. I've been more concerned with Apple disabling many of the Launcher widgets. They've decided we should not have some of them.
    08-13-2016 09:41 AM
    Looks fine to me. I haven't given it a thought. I've been more concerned with Apple disabling many of the Launcher widgets. They've decided we should not have some of them.
    Which ones?
    08-13-2016 10:55 AM
    Which ones?
    None from the settings app, voice memo, any in the clock app, and contacts.
    08-13-2016 12:39 PM