Restoring After Downgrade Issue, what can we do?

I

iMore Question

Restoring After Downgrade Issue

Hello everyone, my girlfriend and I both had the ios 10 public beta. She started having issues with the messages app where it could not open. So we downgraded back to 9.3.2 or 9.3 I cant remember it was 8 hours ago we did this. We then tried restoring her phone from a back up in iTunes we created on 9.3.2 on the 7th just before we installed the beta but she keeps receiving an error message. I cant remember the exact message but it says that there is not enough space on her MAC to make the backup, even though we are trying to restore.

She has over 400GB of free space on her mac and 55gb on her iphone 6s. Music syncing is disabled as well so the space would be saved.

Is there anything else we can do? I found copytrans shelbee which we will be giving a try but is there anything we can do with apple?

H3aTeRzz

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Re: Restoring After Downgrade Issue

Hi there

Just a hunch....try restoring as new first....then if successful, restore from the back up.

Hope this helps!

Chris

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
How would one go about restoring back to iOS9 for iOS10? There are just too many bugs popping up in iOS10 for me...

Do I just connect to iTunes then do a restore to the latest iOS 9, the restore from backup?

Last edited:

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Keep getting an error message: "There was a problem downloading the software for the iPhone "xyz iPhone". The requested resource was not found."

I have the latest iTunes installed.

It asks if I want to make a backup, and I say no. Can I choose which backup to use once I restore? Assuming I can get the restore to work.

Do I need to delete the iOS10 profile before I try and restore?

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I did a backup before going to the iOS10 beta, and have not done a backup since...Thanks!

Keep getting an error message: "There was a problem downloading the software for the iPhone "xyz iPhone". The requested resource was not found."

My only suggestion would be to keep trying. Perhaps restart your Mac/PC. Regardless, this article might help ensure you're doing everything correctly:
How to downgrade your iPhone or iPad from iOS 10 back to iOS 9.3 | iMore

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

It asks if I want to make a backup, and I say no. Can I choose which backup to use once I restore? Assuming I can get the restore to work.

Locate and delete any found ipsw files for the iPhone on your computer. Afterwards, put your iPhone in DFU mode, connect it to your computer and when iTunes recognizes it in recovery, select to restore and update it. iTunes will then download and install the latest official iOS version for your specific iPhone., When the process is complete, either set it up as new or from a backup .

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Locate and delete any found ipsw files for the iPhone on your computer. Afterwards, put your iPhone in DFU mode, connect it to your computer and when iTunes recognizes it in recovery, select to restore and update it. iTunes will then download and install the latest official iOS version for your specific iPhone., When the process is complete, either set it up as new or from a backup .

Thank you! Since the new public beta just dropped, will give that a go first, but thank you for the tips and suggestions.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Well installed Beta 2 and found that my App Store and iTunes icons were missing. So I'm in the process of restoring now...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Successfully downgraded to 9.3.3, now reconsidering going back to iOS 10 Beta version 2..... Hmmmmm

I would. I mean, it's not uncommon for an initial iOS update to somehow get corrupted during the installation. It happens on occasion, but now that you have a fresh install of iOS 9.3.3, create both an iCloud and an iTunes backup, install the beta profile and then upgrade back to iOS 10 Public beta 2 to see how it goes for you.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW