Why did my iOS 10 public beta install fail?

I

iMore Question

Why does iOS 10 public beta install fail

Installed the public beta on my iPad Air 2 without issues, but my iPhone 5 download ends with install update failed. Must have tried about 20 times since the beta was released but same result every time. Tried deleting the profile and reinstalling, reset network settings, tried different times of day but always ends the same. I have about 10gb space free getting desperate now, please help 😃

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why does iOS 10 public beta install fail

Hi, welcome to iMore.
Please make sure Find My iPhone is disabled on your iPhone. If you're trying to update OTA, I don't know why it fails installing.
If you're doing it with iTunes, put your phone in DFU Mode and try again. That should do the trick. If not, try resetting your iPhone to factory settings and updating again.

Good luck and let us know if this helped.
If you have any further questions, please join our forum. We're happy to help.

oddundog

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site

Hi Tartarus
Many thanks for the advice, have tried all the suggestions and still same result every time. Appreciate your help, any other suggestions.
David

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

This is gonna sound strange but did you ever try using your iPad cable to connect your iPhone with your computer?
Plug your iPhone directly in the computer without an USB hub or extension cord. Try another port if it keeps failing.

If all these suggestions don't help, then I'm fresh out.

Hopefully someone comes along with more expertise with this issue.

Good luck and happy foruming.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Make sure you are using the correct iOS 10 beta version for the iPad Air 2. It is not the same as the one for the iPhone. If you are updating OTA only, use the official .ipsw file, if applicable. Furthermore, in case the .ipsw file is corrupted, locate it on your computer, delete it. Afterwards, put the iPad Air 2 in recovery or DFU mode, connect it to your computer via USB cable, and when iTunes recognizes it in recovery, select to restore and update. If the public beta is still OTA only, still do what I mentioned above to have iTunes install a fresh copy of iOS 9.3.2. After the installation, install the public beta profile for iOS 10 and then then update the device.

oddundog

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Just wanted to update you guys on my final solution as I was really grateful for your solutions. I found this on the Apple Dev Discussion Forum. Install the Free Opera VPN app from the App Store. Set the location server to USA and bingo download and installation completed without issues.. Thank goodness for forums and people like yourselves.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2