iPad Air 2 here, same problem also. Had this problem since updating to iOS 10. Now Running iOS 10.1.1.

iOS 10 update broke also Wifi + Bluetooth on my iPad Air 2. When I enable bluetooth (to connect a speaker for example) Wifi disappears after 30 sec - 1 min of use and won't come back until changing wifi/airplane mode on and off. Very frustrating. So I can't use my Marshall Stanmore bluetooth speaker for listening music on Spotify or watching TV shows anymore. When I enable bluetooth, wifi goes off. Tried updating iOS, resetting internet settings, restarting the device...
    11-04-2016 12:52 PM
    I had my 7 Plus rotate while the rotation lock was on randomly but a hard reset fixed it
    11-11-2016 07:57 PM
    I had my 7 Plus rotate while the rotation lock was on randomly but a hard reset fixed it
    Yeah, a hard reset does wonders

Cheers
    11-11-2016 08:50 PM
    I have found a workaround, at least for my iPad Air 2. Just open an app that doesn't rotate (typically one for the iPhone like Fitbit or Tap&Track), the screen will blink as the app comes up. After closing that app, my screen now rotates (until the next time it gets stuck). Make sure the app is closed (not active in background) before opening it or this will not work.
    11-12-2016 08:34 AM
    For me the simplest fix is to hold the device (iPad in my case) the way the orientation is stuck and lock the screen. Wait a few seconds and rotate the screen. Wait a few more seconds and unlock the screen. Fixes it every time.
    11-12-2016 04:54 PM
    I am having this problem on iPad Air 2 since updating to 10.1.1. It goes back to normal once restarted, lasts a couple of rotations, then gets locked in one position permanently. How is this not fixed yet if it was reported in July?
    JRSIV likes this.
    11-22-2016 06:22 PM
    Kind of annoying, right? Don't know whether it's a bug on iOS 10.
    11-23-2016 04:07 AM
    Same issue on 6s+
    11-23-2016 05:21 AM
    I'm curious on the terminology here. In my experience, a "hard reset" meant that you were wiping your device. A "soft reset" was simply powering it down and back on again. Just for lack of confusion when providing advice, do most people understand a "hard reset" to be simply turning the phone off and back on again?
    I thought a hard reset was holding down the power button and the Home button until the machine restarted.....

...but I just found out that's a Forced Restart: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559
    Last edited by muchospanish; 11-23-2016 at 08:41 AM.
    11-23-2016 08:27 AM
    Yes, I've experienced the screen not rotating on my iPad Air 2 and it's very annoying. It just happens randomly. I just checked to see if the lock on the screen orientation was off and it was, so I powered down my device and rebooted it. That worked! But, I believe it may be due to the latest iOS 10 update causing the issue.

Also, when I click links from email to go to a specific website, instead of doing that on the first attempt, it takes me to app choices to select a search engine. If I try again, it works correctly. Any advice for that one?

Thanks!
    11-23-2016 12:14 PM
    Happens almost daily. There is an associated bug that I'm experiencing also which is that even when the orientation of the screen is correct the keyboard pops out from the side or some other place . And yes this is a new bug.

This is been the worst update.

Only fixed by a reboot

Arrrrrrrgh!
    Last edited by jayfea; 11-28-2016 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Add more
    11-28-2016 01:14 AM
    I have not found this issue in my phone
    11-30-2016 01:24 PM
    I'm having same issue too for iphone 5 and iphone 6. Initial I though is my handphone problem, format / reset it. still the same

rshormes ----- other rotation can except camera side face down, it cannot rotate. try check .
    12-01-2016 12:48 AM
    just got my iphone 7. the auto rotate was fine, then I'm trying to install the facebook app and a message appeared that I need to update my IOS before installing the app. So I had no choice but to update the ios to 10.1.1. After the update, the auto rotate was failing and until now I tried every possible way like what others suggested but still auto rotate won't work. I have to rotate it manually, specially on landscape camera. I hope they will release new update to fix this bug.
    12-05-2016 01:57 AM
    Worked for me too but a pain in the butt to do. This shouldn't be happening! Fortunately it only happens on the iPad for me
    12-06-2016 11:24 PM
    Me too.. the more code Apple add.. the more bugs... since iOS 7 I have found the user experience to get worse and worse and worse, despite the added functionality. Fact, it is precisely the added from Tanala tea with his messing it up. Teknology is advancing faster than the actual user wants to relearn all the time
    I just bought an iPhone 7 Plus and realize that, because of force touch, I can't double tap and hold on an image in a browser to save the image. It doesn't work with force touch anymore. I'm so with the screen rotation problems and Morris Strickson and how I can use the Internet in a browser I'm starting to find the whole mobile experience in iOS to be a pain in the ***
    12-08-2016 07:16 AM
    My rotation lock is off. My compass turns and my widgets, gmail account, but netflix, facebook, amazon prime will not go to landscape.
    12-09-2016 10:12 PM
    I use my iPad Air 2 for music production 90% of the time. No games, no movies. I was on 8.4 for a long time wary to update because of bugs and my belief that a device runs best on the OS it was shipped with or created during. A few versions updated is okay but ask anyone with iPad 3's, 4's or the first few mini's how their how going from like 7 to 9.3 has been.

I broke and updated to 9.3.5 when many of my favorite music apps went iOS 9 and above only. I debated & debated going to 10 but buddies on my music recording forums said it ran smoother than 9 so I finally updated a few days ago to iOS 10.1.1...

This bug is about the only one I've found, 10 doesn't run better than 9 at least in my eyes and with Apple's draconian software rules making going back a version impossible I have to deal with it. This orientation bug is so annoying and yeah these power up/down, messing with the orientation lock work for awhile we shouldn't have to F with that mess for one of the devices most basic of features.
    This thread started in what July?! Apple knows about this, fix it!
    12-11-2016 05:55 PM
    I use my iPad Air 2 for music production 90% of the time. No games, no movies. I was on 8.4 for a long time wary to update because of bugs and my belief that a device runs best on the OS it was shipped with or created during. A few versions updated is okay but ask anyone with iPad 3's, 4's or the first few mini's how their how going from like 7 to 9.3 has been.

I broke and updated to 9.3.5 when many of my favorite music apps went iOS 9 and above only. I debated & debated going to 10 but buddies on my music recording forums said it ran smoother than 9 so I finally updated a few days ago to iOS 10.1.1...

This bug is about the only one I've found, 10 doesn't run better than 9 at least in my eyes and with Apple's draconian software rules making going back a version impossible I have to deal with it. This orientation bug is so annoying and yeah these power up/down, messing with the orientation lock work for awhile we shouldn't have to F with that mess for one of the devices most basic of features.
    This thread started in what July?! Apple knows about this, fix it!
    Sorry you're experiencing problems and hopefully, a fix for you is forthcoming.
    12-11-2016 07:44 PM
    I had this issue with my iPhone 7 Plus. I fixed it by changing my Display Zoom to "Standard". I previously had it on "Zoomed". Hope this helps.
    12-12-2016 10:43 PM
    Yeah, some of iPhone Plus users are mostly affected on HomeScreen rotation and Control Center was showing in wrong arrangement of its icons.
    12-13-2016 09:28 PM
    Considering how long this has been reported seems like Apple don't care.

The problem happens all the time with me. For short while after 10.2 all seemed well but today back to the same problem which I fix for a while with a reboot.

As has been commented here the more features are added the more buggy iOS becomes, something we have all seen before with fenetres!
    12-14-2016 02:49 AM
    Sometimes when I pull down the Spotlight on my iPad (10.1.1) the keyboard would come up in the wrong orientation. Had to get out of Spotlight, re-orient the screen, only then the keyboard will be in the right place.
    12-14-2016 03:26 AM
    I've had 10.2 for a few days now and it seems to have stopped the rotation bug, knock on wood. I almost don't want to jinx it by saying anything but wanted to let any of the members on 10.1.1 & below who're experiencing this orientation bug that so far 10.2 seems to have helped my Air 2.

I don't like how none of the materials from Apple on the 10.2 update bug fixes mention anything about rotation bugs getting fixed. Since they've obviously known since the Beta it exists and that it strikes Air 2 & later model iPhones in particular it really seems lame they don't mention it officially or even on their forums.

They make great quality tablets with app devs who make pro level music production apps for their OS exclusively so musicians & music producers are sort of in a "dummy up and deal with it" position. I assume a lot of other A/V pros & enthusiasts feel the same. If we're held to the company and fans & supporters like I am at the very least the can make sure the most basic functions work.

But first world problems right?
    12-15-2016 02:01 AM
    Yes it is an iOS bug,. Also, some apps mess up the screen orientation, such as instagram, amd the camera app too. Some apps are in forced portrait mode (i.e. Instagram) . And so for example if I have a Instagram open and I go to landscape mode in other apps or into the app switcher ,all of the apps will be twisted the wrong way around and the screen won't rotate. Sometimes even when I open the iPad screen cover it won't rotate. Usually closing the cover again so the screen goes dark and reopening the cover, often fixes the problem. It happens on my iPad air 2 my iPad Mini,, and my iPhone 7 Plus It happens on all devices every day about 20 times per device. It's definitely a bug in iOS 10
    12-30-2016 11:49 PM
80 1234