Rotation bug

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, is anyone else have a iOS 10 bug where screen rotation fails often? Just want to make sure it's not from dropping my phone. :/

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
To test this, open the compass app on your iPhone, swipe left and you'll see the Levels option, play with it by turning your phone in different positions and you'll see if there is any malfunction in your device rotation.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, is anyone else have a iOS 10 bug where screen rotation fails often? Just want to make sure it's not from dropping my phone. :/

I've experienced times when the rotation feature failed to take effect in this particular beta, but I can't say that it occurs often. I rarely use landscape mode.

stevievep

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I seem to be having issues with this on my iPhone 6S+ and iOS 10 beta 2 also. It started with beta 1 and has not been resolved with the second beta.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
My iPad is stuck on landscape mode. I can't get it to turn around

Hard reset, which does not delete anything. Hold down both power and home buttons until you see the Apple logo, then let go of the buttons and allow the device to reboot.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes happens almost daily on my phone. A power down and turn back on fixes it. Just a bug in iOS 10. I've already reported the issues.

janderson2k

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site

I have a solution to this issue, it fixes it for me without reboot.

1. Orient the phone the way it is stuck.
2. Enable the orientation lock (Swipe up)
3. Wait 5 seconds
4. Return to home screen
5. Wait 5 seconds.
6. Lock screen.
7. Wait 5 seconds
8. Change the phone to portrait orientation in your hand
9. Unlock the phone.
10. Remove orientation lock from step 2

This works for me 90% of the time and is faster than a reboot.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I had it earlier while playing a game. I like to rotate the screen a certain way (with the home button on the right) and it wouldn't flip.

jaymo588

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
Seems to be working fine on my iPhone 6, but I am having this issue on my iPad Air 2. I'd say about 75% of the time it will not rotate.

MessterHD

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
It happened to me one time with some game. When I left the game, screen didn't go back. Helped only restarting of the phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods