iOS 10 Public GM is Live

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's a widespread issue from what I've seen. I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.

I should note that I have not removed the iOS Beta Software profile, so that could be the driver, yeah? Otherwise, if I remove the profile, the Feedback app should go away - correct?

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't mind having the feedback assistant still on screen. But do want my 12 gb of storage back. Apple said I would need to delete the profile to get the storage back.

So, based on that, I should be able to see an increase in the amount of available storage after deleting the profile?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So, based on that, I should be able to see an increase in the amount of available storage after deleting the profile?

Depends on if you submitted bug reports. I submitted about 30. There was one report that took 1.2 gb of storage space. SMH

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Depends on if you submitted bug reports. I submitted about 30. There was one report that took 1.2 gb of storage space. SMH

I did submit a few... However, I experimented and removed the iOS Beta Profile from my iPhone, noting the numbers before and after deleting the profile, and I saw no difference in my Used and Available storage.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Has it always been that Siri doesn't look in the Company field when trying to find a name to from your contacts or is this specific to iOS 10?

I asked Siri to call a specific business number that I have in my contacts. It recognized what I said but kept telling me all it could find was a generic number from the Web for that business and made no reference to what I have in my contacts.

In the past, I had the business name in the name field and had no issues. I put the business name in the company field to better organize my contacts.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Trying to install the GM release and keep getting an error that I don't have enough space to install it. I've deleted stuff and have over 3gb of space left and still get the message. Any workarounds?

Usually iTunes will handle situations like this, but not sure it will let you do the GM yet. I haven't seen anything different, so I'd just wait for the official release next week if you have to.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Questions, when my 7 comes.. giving my 6 to my wife.. and a full reset. What will happen to the 10-Beta 10.0.1. She will be putting her sim in my phone.. never did a phone swap with a beta install. Suggestions?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Questions, when my 7 comes.. giving my 6 to my wife.. and a full reset. What will happen to the 10-Beta 10.0.1. She will be putting her sim in my phone.. never did a phone swap with a beta install. Suggestions?

It depends on how you reset. If you boot into recovery and restore in iTunes 9.3.5 will be loaded. If you're simply erasing all content and settings you'll still have the iOS 10 beta but you'll need to reinstall the beta profile if you want to keep participating with that device.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

After she sets it up, it will still be on iOS 10.0.1. It's the GM. It's what will be released to the public next week. You might delete the profile in Settings. Be sure you turn off "Find My iPhone" before wiping it.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
After she sets it up, it will still be on iOS 10.0.1. It's the GM. It's what will be released to the public next week. You might delete the profile in Settings. Be sure you turn off "Find My iPhone" before wiping it.

Aaaah I missed that "When my iPhone 7 comes" detail. Ledsteplin is correct. Since iOS 10 will be released to the public by then that is what will be loaded onto the device if you restore in iTunes.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Aaaah I missed that "When my iPhone 7 comes" detail. Ledsteplin is correct. Since iOS 10 will be released to the public by then that is what will be loaded onto the device if you restore in iTunes.

But she is getting my old 6 and I am getting the new 7 with the full release iOS 10. So like said above, she will still have the GM 10.0.1, but I can then delete the Beta Profile and she can be on the normal upgrade path after that. I know you can't wipe the phone before turning off "find my iPhone", that I do remember from the past. That way they at least know it's your phone. -- > not doing a recovery, just a wipe / restore from her backup.

Thank you all kindly for taking the time. It's greatly appreciated.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
But she is getting my old 6 and I am getting the new 7 with the full release iOS 10. So like said above, she will still have the GM 10.0.1, but I can then delete the Beta Profile and she can be on the normal upgrade path after that. I know you can't wipe the phone before turning off "find my iPhone", that I do remember from the past. That way they at least know it's your phone. -- > not doing a recovery, just a wipe / restore from her backup.

Thank you all kindly for taking the time. It's greatly appreciated.

If she restores through iTunes, she will be on iOS 10. ITunes will put a copy of 10 on the phone with the restore.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
If she restores through iTunes, she will be on iOS 10. ITunes will put a copy of 10 on the phone with the restore.

Yes, that is what we're planning, so it will be perfect. As long as my 6-sim works in the 7 and her new sim (that comes with the 7) will work in her (my old 6).. we're good. We still will have her 5S sim too.. so not sure which to use?

Thanks

DaViD_BRaNDoN

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I think that deleting the profile will also remove the Feedback Assistant app and will prevent you from getting beta software updates via the Software Update functionality. I'm sure someone here can correct me if I'm wrong about the Feedback Assistant bit.

Removing the profile will not get you out of the Beta program, though. To do that, you'll need to follow the instructions here: https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/unenroll#ios

Thanks for the details.

I guess I'll wait for the official iOS 10 to be released next week. Won't want storage filled with bug reports. I'm also concern that removing the iOS Beta Software Profile will not remove the Feedback Assistant and other beta stuff. Won't want those daemons keep running, diagnosing my iPhone even after the official iOS 10 is released.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the details.

I guess I'll wait for the official iOS 10 to be released next week. Won't want storage filled with bug reports. I'm also concern that removing the iOS Beta Software Profile will not remove the Feedback Assistant and other beta stuff. Won't want those daemons keep running, diagnosing my iPhone even after the official iOS 10 is released.

Well, you don't have to submit any bug reports.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox