iOS 10 Public GM is Live

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Trying to install the GM release and keep getting an error that I don't have enough space to install it. I've deleted stuff and have over 3gb of space left and still get the message. Any workarounds?
Delete more stuff and sync back after you update.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
So this is still considered a prerelease huh? I say that because it still won't let me write reviews on the app store with this version.

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Alright. Running GM and beta profile deleted. So on Tuesday, will I or can I update to official release and/or will I be prompted to do so? And will I be prompted for regular updates at that time? Just seeing if installing the GM is worth it right now at all

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Alright. Running GM and beta profile deleted. So on Tuesday, will I or can I update to official release and/or will I be prompted to do so? And will I be prompted for regular updates at that time? Just seeing if installing the GM is worth it right now at all

Odds are you have the official release, the difference are normally either "none" or so minor it won't matter. Keep it, delete it, upgrade it, it's about all the same at this point. You will get minor bug fixes along the way and then we wait for 10.1

jenni122701

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Odds are you have the official release, the difference are normally either "none" or so minor it won't matter. Keep it, delete it, upgrade it, it's about all the same at this point. You will get minor bug fixes along the way and then we wait for 10.1

Settings>General>Scroll down until you see the beta profile>click on it then delete

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I ended up getting the Golden Tick.. er.. Golden Master on both the devices I'd been using in the beta, including the one I took the beta profile off of. That was an awesome surprise. I figured I'd have to wait until next week for that one at least, but running that sweet 10.0.1 now on both.

DaViD_BRaNDoN

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Will deleting the iOS Beta Software Profile removes the Feedback Assistance as well? If so, does that mean my iPhone is switched back to regular non-beta route?

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Will deleting the iOS Beta Software Profile removes the Feedback Assistance as well? If so, does that mean my iPhone is switched back to regular non-beta route?

I think that deleting the profile will also remove the Feedback Assistant app and will prevent you from getting beta software updates via the Software Update functionality. I'm sure someone here can correct me if I'm wrong about the Feedback Assistant bit.

Removing the profile will not get you out of the Beta program, though. To do that, you'll need to follow the instructions here: https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/unenroll#ios

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm able to turn off Home Control in the settings.

Normally, you simply tap your finger on the slider, and it moves to the opposite selection. You might even barely slide your finger to the left or right to make your selection.

I was able to inactivate the "Home Control" by tapping and then sliding my finger left all the way over to the "Home Control" text.

BUT, after exiting and then re-entering Touch ID & Passcode, I can see that the Allow Access When Locked option for "Home Control" is reactivated.

It's not a deal-breaker, of course, but it's pretty annoying.

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I think that deleting the profile will also remove the Feedback Assistant app and will prevent you from getting beta software updates via the Software Update functionality. I'm sure someone here can correct me if I'm wrong about the Feedback Assistant bit.

Removing the profile will not get you out of the Beta program, though. To do that, you'll need to follow the instructions here: https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/unenroll#ios

If it's anything like when I updated to the GM from Dec Beta 8 on Wednesday the Feedback Assistant got removed during the update.

Roland

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
If it's anything like when I updated to the GM from Dec Beta 8 on Wednesday the Feedback Assistant got removed during the update.

Roland

Curious - my Feedback Assistant app wasn't removed when I updated to the GM (10.0.1). C'est la vie

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR