iOS 10 Public GM is Live

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 10 Public Beta 7 Live

1st time beta user here.. does being on a beta use more battery?? I feel like on iOS 9.3.4 my battery was lasting a little longer. Or the battery percentages are way off

Early betas have a tendency to be battery hogs but the last few iOS 10 betas have been pretty solid. I wouldn't say PB7 is any better or worse than iOS 9.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site

Early betas have a tendency to be battery hogs but the last few iOS 10 betas have been pretty solid. I wouldn't say PB7 is any better or worse than iOS 9.

Hmm maybe I've got something strange going on or possibly using it more than I though lol

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Hmm maybe I've got something strange going on or possibly using it more than I though lol

You might just be using it more than normal. Give it a few days and see if the problem works itself out.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site

Definitely will the new iOS is awesome!! Was really hoping for an option for a dark keyboard like on the quick response screen of the old iOS.

taeisme

Trusted Member
Aug 24, 2014
Visit site

Bedtime doesn't work anymore. It doesn't notify me when it's time for bed, nothing.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

1st time beta user here.. does being on a beta use more battery?? I feel like on iOS 9.3.4 my battery was lasting a little longer. Or the battery percentages are way off

Betas, particularly when you first install them, cause you and your phone to suffer from a syndrome called "ooh, shiny!" where the battery doesn't last as long because you're using the phone more finding all the cool new stuff ;)

MeasterHD

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site

Betas, particularly when you first install them, cause you and your phone to suffer from a syndrome called "ooh, shiny!" where the battery doesn't last as long because you're using the phone more finding all the cool new stuff ;)

It's about battery statistic. Information from new firmware are too new and there it doesn't have data to take from. So therefore it takes a bit longer when the battery gets data and normal usage..

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site

I can't recall the previous years. Is it likely iOS 10 is available on the day of their event or is it usually a week out? I thought last year once the event was over it was available for download...

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

I can't recall the previous years. Is it likely iOS 10 is available on the day of their event or is it usually a week out? I thought last year once the event was over it was available for download...

It depends. Some years it is out a short time later. I have noticed that with OS X also. Maybe not to crash the servers.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

For most people, it's about a week later.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
iOS 10 Public Beta 7 Live

It's available to Developers right after the event and everybody else a week later.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I thought last year the GM was available right away to those on the PB. Then the official was the next week.

prettyfacejessy

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site

Works for me.

My apologies. I thought I was replying to the commenter above saying bedtime mode no longer sounds a notification or leave the drops down message. Hopefully it's functional on the next update. I really utilize this feature because I lose track of time easily.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox