iOS 10 Public GM is Live

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
re: iOS 10 Public Beta 7 Live

I've downloaded so many public betas, I'm not sure which one I'm on, 5 or 6.. lol.

What's the build number for 6?

Mine is listed as 14A5345a.. is this 5 or 6?

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site

Having an issue with iMessage. Not sure how to get rid of the bottom iMessage line on the screenshot below. It disappears in apps but is stuck there when on the home screen...

IMG_1471880345.332504.jpg

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
iOS 10 Public Beta 6 Live

I'm not running into this problem. Do you have Wi-Fi Assist turned on in Settings > Cellular (it's at the very bottom)? How is your wifi signal? If you have a weak wifi signal wherever your phone is resting it could be switching over to cellular, which then takes a moment to switch back.

I'm just grasping for straws here but it's worth a try switching it off and seeing if it solves your problem. Many users turn Wi-Fi Assist off anyway because it can sometimes be a data hog.

I wrote a guide on Wi-Fi Assist a while back if you want more information on what it is and how it works: http://forums.imore.com/guides-how-articles/346996-guide-how-use-wi-fi-assist-ios.html

Still have this issue although I disabled WiFi assist. Didn't make any change for this, after standby my phone disconnect from WiFi and connects to 3G and after a little while awake it connects to WiFi again.

Update

I may have found the problem.

I have a Asus rt-ac3200, it's a triband router with smart connect. Asus smart connect use all three bands depending on connection, data speed and so on. I have now tried to connect my 5S with IOS10 beta to one band, the 2,4 ghz and not smart connect. In this case when I connect to just one band I don't seem to have this issue with WiFi lost in standby. Every time I wake my phone I'm now connected to WiFi, no delay as when I'm connected through smart connect. My Samsung S7 is also connected trough smart connect and I haven't seen this issue on it. Maybe it's an IOS problem with smart connect. Maybe IOS doesn't handle smart connect.

Anyone else using a router with triband and smart connect?

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling it?

Beyond that, ever since Swiftkey had that predictive text/email issue in late July, it hasn't been the same. Even with the latest update that supposedly fixed the issue, while you can now log in again, it's still not remembering email addresses.

I've switched back to Google keyboard till Swiftkey gets their act together.

SwiftKey has finally been fixed in the SwiftKey beta. Emails and numbers work now. It should be available in the App Store version soon.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Having an issue with iMessage. Not sure how to get rid of the bottom iMessage line on the screenshot below. It disappears in apps but is stuck there when on the home screen...

View attachment 110577

Had a similar issue yesterday. Double clicking the home button to bring up my recent apps screen and swiping iMessage away worked for me.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

Had a similar issue yesterday. Double clicking the home button to bring up my recent apps screen and swiping iMessage away worked for me.

I'm having the same issue when using the quick text option. After I type in the box, the kb stays up after the message is sent. I have to hard reset it to get it to go away. I've sent feedback on the issue.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I'm having the same issue when using the quick text option. After I type in the box, the kb stays up after the message is sent. I have to hard reset it to get it to go away. I've sent feedback on the issue.

The method @Quis89 mentioned might get you there quicker. Let us know if it works!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

In that way I wasn't able to find it. I would like to turn it off, it doesn't look good anyway..

On iOS 10, swipe left from the home screen to get the widgets, scroll down and tap the 'Edit' button, click the red circle with the - sign next to Siri Recommendations, then 'Remove' to remove it from the widgets shown. Once it's removed, the app icons no longer show in the lower left corner of the lock screen.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

On iOS 10, swipe left from the home screen to get the widgets, scroll down and tap the 'Edit' button, click the red circle with the - sign next to Siri Recommendations, then 'Remove' to remove it from the widgets shown. Once it's removed, the app icons no longer show in the lower left corner of the lock screen.

I did that yesterday, and the icons still show. May have been because I was using my MBP so handoff showed Safari.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
iOS 10 Public Beta 6 Live

Reset your device by holding the power button and home button down simultaneously until you see the Apple boot logo.

I just did a simple restart and it was fixed. I wasn't sure if this was a new feature that I just didn't know how to use or if it was a bug.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

I did that yesterday, and the icons still show. May have been because I was using my MBP so handoff showed Safari.

No idea, honestly. When I removed the Widget, the lock screen icons went away on both my iPod Touch 6 and iPad Air (both on iOS 10 Public Beta 6).

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

No idea, honestly. When I removed the Widget, the lock screen icons went away on both my iPod Touch 6 and iPad Air (both on iOS 10 Public Beta 6).

Mine is turned off now and it still there. I'm also way from my computer so handoff is not the question.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

Mine is turned off now and it still there. I'm also way from my computer so handoff is not the question.

I'm at a complete loss, but it could be a bug with the beta. What devices do you have? Like I said, mine are an iPod Touch 6 and an iPad Air. I don't have an iPhone to test on, nor any newer iPad currently. Maybe file feedback on it?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR