iOS 10 Public GM is Live

taeisme

Trusted Member
Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
re: iOS 10 Public Beta 7 Live

i been running PB5, and it has been running smoothly, but there is one thing i dislike. I'm not sure if it's a new feature, if it can be turned off or what, but when i receive a digital tough msg sent over Apple Watch, i get a notification on my iMsgs from the sender AND i get an extra iMsg from myself (weird i know) but there's a new iMsg with my name with the same digital tough msg. So i get it 3 times. Am i the only seeing this? can it be turned off?

Have you updated to PB6?

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site

No i haven't, i will when i get home, hopefully it fixes it because it gets a bit annoying.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

cbe4196bca8fc04affb76393c127dc69.jpg

Downloading!

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

I figured out how to have back the dock background again.
Settings / Accessibility / Increase Contrast / Reduce Transparency. There turn it on and off and background is back.

Is it wrong that I have the dock and wish it would disappear? Lol

jenni122701

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site

Ok, downloaded PB 6 and am having the Message app issues again now. Didn't happen with 5. When I open messenger on the right side of screen by swiping left, I cant type a message properly. The keyboard randomly pops up and down and the messenger area is jumpy. I have to go to the full open message
app to get it to work properly.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Ok, downloaded PB 6 and am having the Message app issues again now. Didn't happen with 5. When I open messenger on the right side of screen by swiping left, I cant type a message properly. The keyboard randomly pops up and down and the messenger area is jumpy. I have to go to the full open message
app to get it to work properly.

Are you referring to the messages app (iMessage) or Facebook Messenger?

jenni122701

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site

On my iPad. When you swipe left to open an app on the right side of the screen. I should have said iPad before. Sorry bout that.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site

When I go from standby I think it takes to long to connect to WiFi again. Very often it stuck on mobile data for a few seconds before connecting to WiFi again. Hate that there is no WiFi option so in settings, I would like to be able to choose WiFi always on. I don't like when my phone has to reconnect to WiFi everything phone has been in standby for a while.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

When I go from standby I think it takes to long to connect to WiFi again. Very often it stuck on mobile data for a few seconds before connecting to WiFi again. Hate that there is no WiFi option so in settings, I would like to be able to choose WiFi always on. I don't like when my phone has to reconnect to WiFi everything phone has been in standby for a while.

I'm not running into this problem. Do you have Wi-Fi Assist turned on in Settings > Cellular (it's at the very bottom)? How is your wifi signal? If you have a weak wifi signal wherever your phone is resting it could be switching over to cellular, which then takes a moment to switch back.

I'm just grasping for straws here but it's worth a try switching it off and seeing if it solves your problem. Many users turn Wi-Fi Assist off anyway because it can sometimes be a data hog.

I wrote a guide on Wi-Fi Assist a while back if you want more information on what it is and how it works: http://forums.imore.com/guides-how-articles/346996-guide-how-use-wi-fi-assist-ios.html

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site

I'm not running into this problem. Do you have Wi-Fi Assist turned on in Settings > Cellular (it's at the very bottom)? How is your wifi signal? If you have a weak wifi signal wherever your phone is resting it could be switching over to cellular, which then takes a moment to switch back.

I'm just grasping for straws here but it's worth a try switching it off and seeing if it solves your problem. Many users turn Wi-Fi Assist off anyway because it can sometimes be a data hog.

I wrote a guide on Wi-Fi Assist a while back if you want more information on what it is and how it works: http://forums.imore.com/guides-how-articles/346996-guide-how-use-wi-fi-assist-ios.html

I did have it on, I was pretty sure I didn't. Will try this setting off and see how it works

Thanks!

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site

It's on by default so the majority of users have it enabled without realizing.

Is it possible it get enabled after update? I'm pretty sure I had it disabled but it's also possible I disabled it on one of my other IPhones and missed this one I'm running beta on.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Is it possible it get enabled after update? I'm pretty sure I had it disabled but it's also possible I disabled it on one of my other IPhones and missed this one I'm running beta on.

It's possible. I've had other settings change by themselves after an update.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

It's possible. I've had other settings change by themselves after an update.

I noticed mine was on last night. I always have it off. I don't recall it on the previous betas. Could have been on since beta 1. But the beta did turn it on. I had it off.
I even had it taped with duct tape.
4a3be71cdc650514773fc96032a9ae5d.jpg