iOS 10 Public GM is Live

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
re: iOS 10 Public Beta 7 Live

Just another question, is anyone having problems with the wifi calling on this beta? And before it would say when you insert the sim card that new settings have been added. Then you will have WiFi calling. This does not happen at all now it just shows WiFi calling option. My question is if there is a problem such as mine where it shows WiFi calling but does not enable WiFi calling although it does show WiFi calling on. It does not work.
Do I have to reset the whole phone and do a total wipe, what do you suggest.
I have tested the same sim card in other phones and it does work. that is those phones on 9.3 IOS. Its since IOS 10 that I have been having issues.
Otherwise this beta is the best thus far.
Many thanks

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Mar 22, 2016
Visit site

I haven't had any issues with mine. It's with Verizon. What carrier do you use? Here's some "how to" info that may help:
How to enable Wi-Fi calling on your iPhone | iMore

Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203032

Verizon: Wi Fi Calling FAQs | Verizon Wireless

If you still have problems, I suggest contacting your carrier for help.

Be sure you have an emergency address entered in.
Thank you for your input I will revert back to you after I gone through all the steps

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

anyone have a problem using Swiftkey in iMessage? When I try to activate Swiftkey, it says (null) - SwiftKey

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

Quick question. My coworker showed me his iPhone 6Plus and his home screen rotates into landscape mode and mine doesn't. Glitch or setting?

egrier65

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

I use wifi calling also and it has always worked for me on the betas. My service is with T-Mobile.

On a side note, in imessage, my handwriting mode doesn't always work on my 6 plus. Most of the time when I rotate the screen to landscape, it just expands the keyboard. Anyone else with this issue?

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

I use wifi calling also and it has always worked for me on the betas. My service is with T-Mobile.

On a side note, in imessage, my handwriting mode doesn't always work on my 6 plus. Most of the time when I rotate the screen to landscape, it just expands the keyboard. Anyone else with this issue?

It happened on last Beta not this one. But there was a button to press for handwritten notes and vice versa if I wanted to type. But this Beta is allowing it to go straight to handwriting.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site

anyone have a problem using Swiftkey in iMessage? When I try to activate Swiftkey, it says (null) - SwiftKey

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling it?

Beyond that, ever since Swiftkey had that predictive text/email issue in late July, it hasn't been the same. Even with the latest update that supposedly fixed the issue, while you can now log in again, it's still not remembering email addresses.

I've switched back to Google keyboard till Swiftkey gets their act together.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

Beyond that, ever since Swiftkey had that predictive text/email issue in late July, it hasn't been the same. Even with the latest update that supposedly fixed the issue, while you can now log in again, it's still not remembering email addresses.

I have not, so I'll try that and see if that fixes the issues. Thanks.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

There was a good reason for the email, passwords and numbers omission in SwiftKey. It was a security issue. It should all be up again soon.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
iOS 10 Public Beta 5 Live

There was a good reason for the email, passwords and numbers omission in SwiftKey. It was a security issue. It should all be up again soon.

There was good reason to disable the cloud login, but that should have been it. However they also removed the actual email lookup functionality from the app completely, so it won't even just use your local data to autocomplete email addresses.

I never used/signed into their cloud before this and it still autocompleted any email I had typed in, in the past. It doesn't even do this now.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

There was good reason to disable the cloud login, but that should have been it. However they also removed the actual email lookup functionality from the app completely, so it won't even just use your local data to autocomplete email addresses.

I never used/signed into their cloud before this and it still autocompleted any email I had typed in, in the past. It doesn't even do this now.

It will. For now, they want to be sure no one loses their personal info.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

That resolved the issue. Thanks.

lindsey_lewin

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site

Is anyone experiencing problems with sound via the speaker & headphones? I had this issue (only slightly) within beta 4. I'm getting silence when making/receiving calls, playing videos or music. It seems to be a regular thing now. I have given feedback to Apple, but wanted to see if it's something others are experiencing.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen