iOS 10 Public GM is Live

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
re: iOS 10 Public Beta 7 Live

Nope did not work for me
I've been having similar problems with pretty much every Beta. WiFi calling won't seem to activate when I get home. Although for me, turning on and off airplane mode seems to fix the issue.

What carrier? With Verizon, wifi calling won't active until your signal drops below -110(use field test mode to see the actual signal value). -110 is somewhere inside the 2 dot range.

I don't know what the criteria is for other carriers tho.

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site

What carrier? With Verizon, wifi calling won't active until your signal drops below -110(use field test mode to see the actual signal value). -110 is somewhere inside the 2 dot range.

I don't know what the criteria is for other carriers tho.

It works on Samsung 6s and Iphone before no matter what the signal strength was

Chris Kerrigan

May 14, 2013
Visit site

Why would you need wifi calling if your cellular signal is strong?

I don't know about Mark, but I know that in my area (Las Vegas) even in areas where coverage is "good" voice quality and clarity are slightly better over Wi-Fi than over the cell network.

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site

I don't know about Mark, but I know that in my area (Las Vegas) even in areas where coverage is "good" voice quality and clarity are slightly better over Wi-Fi than over the cell network.
For me its not important, but as I test networks as part of my daily duties to find out what works and does not work on handsets. We have areas in South Africa where indeed the signal is very bad and your wifi would kick in. The issue at hand is that Cellc has provided this option and if used on their unlimited package becomes more viable opinion than the normal calling.
The fact that I have falling i love with the Iphone architecture (IOS) and the ease of migrating from the Android platform was amazing.
Although I test and work with all cell networks and mobile devices I have to make sure that the end user has the right experience.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Does anyone experience a rough transition at times between going from home screen to messages? Sometimes it shows what looks like a double exposure. It's kind of shaky and lasts about a second.

md0600

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site

Anyone else notice if you 3d touch the phone icon and try to call favorites it doesn't work?

MessterHD

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site

Dock is gone but who cares, with this wallpaper it looks cool anyway

9667cbc15499b8968e90d4eb4606bd7b.jpg

md0600

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site

Did you tap one to call? Mine didn't work. So I tapped "add widget" and it worked there as a widget. Then I went back and tried the icon again and it worked.

Thanks for the tip. Tried it after adding the widget and it worked but if I then remove it, it stops working

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the tip. Tried it after adding the widget and it worked but if I then remove it, it stops working

Report that. I will. Mine still works after removing it from my open widgets. It's still in the inactive list.

MessterHD

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site

I figured out how to have back the dock background again.
Settings / Accessibility / Increase Contrast / Reduce Transparency. There turn it on and off and background is back.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Been trying to update my iPad Pro this morning. Stuck on update requested. Rebooted and still nothing. Seems weird that servers are getting slammed this morning. Updated mini and iPhone without issue during the week.