iOS 10 Public GM is Live

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
re: iOS 10 Public Beta 7 Live

I have the 6S Plus. The battery was great until 9.3.2. Battery life tanked with that, so ironically, ios 10 battery life doesn't seem to be much different. I don't use many apps, facebook, ebay, imusic, sirus app, text, facetime, alarmclock, calendar, few games, etc no issues. It's actually kind of a tease having all these neat texting features but you can't send them to anyone - you need ios 10 to get them. Lol. But it's smooth for me so far. Not a HUGE change. Not yet at least.

Mine got worse with 9.3.2 as well. iOS10 beta 1 was a big improvement, but beta 2 zapped it again. After rolling back and updating to 9.3.3 my battery life is better than its ever been.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

When we do a hard reset, or restart, by pressing the home and power buttons, the camera shutter clicks and the "slide to power off" shows briefly. Anyone else see this?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

When we do a hard reset, or restart, by pressing the home and power buttons, the camera shutter clicks and the "slide to power off" shows briefly. Anyone else see this?

Yes, it's been that way since at least the 2nd Dev and first public beta. I don't want a screenshot, I want a reboot. :) Surprised it wasn't fixed in the most recent!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

The text alert tones do not work for messages if the alert style is set to none. If it's set to Banner, it works. Still testing this.

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site

I just push and hold the home button first, then hold power button, it won’t take a screenshot. But yes you will see the slide to power off quickly.

fragment137

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Noticed a couple days in a row now that if I leave my phone on the charger over night it starts warming up by the time I get up. Anyone else experienced this? This didn't happen before PB2

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Noticed a couple days in a row now that if I leave my phone on the charger over night it starts warming up by the time I get up. Anyone else experienced this? This didn't happen before PB2

No. Charging as usual.
Any background process stuck? App still running that uses a lot of battery causing drain while the charger is adding power?

fragment137

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

No. Charging as usual.
Any background process stuck? App still running that uses a lot of battery causing drain while the charger is adding power?

When I take the phone off the charger it immediately starts to cool off.. after a few minutes it's completely normal.

I'll test today and see if I can reproduce during the day. Might be the cable i'm using (It's not apple but it is apple certified) and I'm using the Apple Dock.

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

When I take the phone off the charger it immediately starts to cool off.. after a few minutes it's completely normal.

I'll test today and see if I can reproduce during the day. Might be the cable i'm using (It's not apple but it is apple certified) and I'm using the Apple Dock.

It could be that the photos app is still indexing which happens only when locked and plugged in together with a backup.

The photo indexing can take quite a while... I wouldn't worry about it at the moment.

fragment137

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

It could be that the photos app is still indexing which happens only when locked and plugged in together with a backup.

The photo indexing can take quite a while... I wouldn't worry about it at the moment.

I suppose this is possible, but would it really be doing this after 7 hours?

I'm unable to reproduce the behaviour using the Apple charger i have at work.. but it's not been plugged in that long.

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

I suppose this is possible, but would it really be doing this after 7 hours?

I'm unable to reproduce the behaviour using the Apple charger i have at work.. but it's not been plugged in that long.

Depends on how many photos you have. Mine took a good few days and it's doing it again now after the erase all content and settings. The photos app at one stage was using about 50% of the battery...

Check your usage stats immediately after taking it off the charger.

Ago5tino

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site

Has anyone noticed the second hand on the clock app no longer moves? I haven't reported it, I just noticed the other day. It's such an innocuous thing I'm not sure it would even be worth reporting.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Has anyone noticed the second hand on the clock app no longer moves? I haven't reported it, I just noticed the other day. It's such an innocuous thing I'm not sure it would even be worth reporting.

Mine does. See if a hard reset jump starts it.

Rick Lewis1

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site

I only have a handful of pictures on my phone, all pretty clearly contain faces, yet my people album constantly states "no people found"

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I only have a handful of pictures on my phone, all pretty clearly contain faces, yet my people album constantly states "no people found"

Mine picks up a few, but not the ones I want. It picks up cartoon characters and small pics on larger screenshots. Needs fine tuning. The feature doesn't interest me anyway.

ETechMaster2002

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site

Mine picked up a brick as a face... but yet it doesn't pick up the many other faces on my phone. Face recognition needs to be touched upon by Apple before the Fall release.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

i heard that the 10 isnt that great what is the difference than 9.3?

There's a lot of new cool stuff for messages. I didn't think I'd like any of it, but it's fun. Links post different in messages too. The drop down notification banner is better. Widgets are more easily accessible. There's lots of new things. Where do you hear it wasn't that great?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods