iOS 10 Public GM is Live

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: iOS 10 Public Beta 1 Live

However... the new "NEWS" app, makes me what to tear out what little hair I have left. I finally got over the loss of Zite and used News, but now.. I need to find a new news reader. News has the same category for me (at least on Beta 1) 28 times, before I stopped counting. Plus each divided section (sub headers) have stories repeating from other sections. Smartphones in iPhone in Apple, in Tech, in Popular News, ... ad nausium.
For me the News app is like you describe sometimes, and others works like I expect it to... It is beta...

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Anyone have the major issue I have encountered I'm using a 6s+:

Rotation getting stuck in landscape.

Double tapping home button and flicking between apps.. But actually doesn't work, lags and hangs?

Other issues I have seen is lag around using the phone in general.. But all my apps seem to work, well at the moment.

I've experienced the rotation issue a few times as well.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Keeping my list going here:

- First hiccup was not seeing the iMessage effects (I could send but not see) but turning off iMessage and back on again fixed it.
- iMessage crash when opening a group chat. Seems a force quit of iMessage (rather than just crashing) helps but can recur (Seems a clean install has helped this so far)
- Settings.app wiggles when tapping to open. Not all the time but definitely not a press/hold (edit: weather.app just did it too, as has photos and Safari)
- keyboard shortcuts don't always work. I have @@ to paste my email address but find a lot of times it doesn't work.
- images not loading in Messages. I can tap/hold to preview but it doesn't stay.
- Random freezes and a few resprings

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

- keyboard shortcuts don't always work. I have @@ to paste my email address but find a lot of times it doesn't work.
I've noticed that as well. Thought it was just me. I use gml to paste my gmail email address and it doesn't work a lot of the time

MarkY3130

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site

This feature is not working. There is no difference in behavior with it on or off. Nobody knows the exact purpose of this switch yet and nobody can since it does nothing right now.

It's actually working for me intermittently. Maybe 6 out of 10 times it works and functions like ios9 did. Looks like they have some work to clean it up but it's purpose seems pretty clear.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

Might just be me but is anyone else noticing excessive battery drain? two days in a row i've been battling with it... by the time it's about 4:00 i'm under 40% during normal use. I didn't really notice this with 9.3.3..

Maybe i'm being paranoid, lol

Mine started out fine (as good as it was on 9.3.2), but it seems over the past two days, battery drain has been pretty severe.. I've never had my battery drain down to 22% by early afternoon, but now it seems to fall off quite rapidly... Hope this gets better with the next iteration.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

One thing I noticed, when viewing videos in Facebook app, I cannot get the video to go into landscape mode. Landscape mode works using other apps or videos but refuses to work on my Facebook App.

Question: The slam effect or the make it louder in the messaging app, where do I find that? Or is it even available yet. Thank you for your answers.

BL

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I will be testing battery life today. I have been using it with my Apple smart battery case since I installed on Friday and notice the case depleting fast and the pone going down as well.

Last night my battery case was 0% and phone was about 80%. Put it on the charger for over 8 hours and the phone was 100% but the case barely made it to 50%. May need to cycle it.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

Running the beta for almost 24 hours, some things I noticed and questions;

1. I don't have the lock icon in my status bar on the lock screen. Can you confirm yours?

It shows on my 6s.

2. I can't get the keyboard to show an emoji in the preview selector when typing the name. Common?

Same here. Not showing.

3. The alarm shows up in the Up Next widget regardless if turned off.

That really bugged me. I had to remove Up Next from showing up in the list because of it. (I may or may not be a tad ocd lol.)

4. Is there a way to remove the location album in photos?

I haven't figured that out yet. I'm sure there's a purpose for that specific album but I'm not sure what that may be.

5. If opening a text to reply, I can't scroll up to see the rest of the convo. Is there a way to fix this?

Haven't noticed this one yet. I'll keep an eye out, and report it if I see it.

6. Is there a today view?

Haven't seen one. Perhaps they'll add it before beta is over.

7. Is there a way to get to your music quicker? Songs shows every iTunes song ever purchased which I don't want. It seems I can only access loaded music by going through Downloads > Songs. Inconvenient.

Our music library is ripped from purchased physical CD's, converted from FLAC to MP3 and then uploaded from the pc hard drive to the phone... and they're all tagged with "Downloaded". I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like that or not. I do know that I loath the new music app.

psyclingfan

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site

I was listening to an audio book through iBooks on a long drive yesterday. It would pause at what seemed random intervals. Definitely a hassle to keep hitting play again. I couldn't find any notification or something that could be disrupting the play.

pgrtag

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site

Has anyone had trouble with Siri hands free in their car? Calls work, music works. Controlling music like skipping a track works sometimes. But getting Siri to execute a command doesn't work at all

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Anyone having any issues with location seemingly staying on? All apps save for weather are either "Never" or "While Using" yet the location icon remains in my status bar

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Anyone having any issues with location seemingly staying on? All apps save for weather are either "Never" or "While Using" yet the location icon remains in my status bar
Mine's been like that even on iOS9... Never seemed to be a battery drag though...

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Has anyone had trouble with Siri hands free in their car? Calls work, music works. Controlling music like skipping a track works sometimes. But getting Siri to execute a command doesn't work at all

I am having the same issue. Tried to send a text and it comes on like it should but doesn't do anything. Not sure if that's something I send to Apple for feedback. I guess I will and let them figure it out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR