I have the 6S Plus. The battery was great until 9.3.2. Battery life tanked with that, so ironically, ios 10 battery life doesn't seem to be much different. I don't use many apps, facebook, ebay, imusic, sirus app, text, facetime, alarmclock, calendar, few games, etc no issues. It's actually kind of a tease having all these neat texting features but you can't send them to anyone - you need ios 10 to get them. Lol. But it's smooth for me so far. Not a HUGE change. Not yet at least.
    Mine got worse with 9.3.2 as well. iOS10 beta 1 was a big improvement, but beta 2 zapped it again. After rolling back and updating to 9.3.3 my battery life is better than its ever been.
    07-24-2016 10:42 AM
    When we do a hard reset, or restart, by pressing the home and power buttons, the camera shutter clicks and the "slide to power off" shows briefly. Anyone else see this?
    07-24-2016 02:08 PM
    When we do a hard reset, or restart, by pressing the home and power buttons, the camera shutter clicks and the "slide to power off" shows briefly. Anyone else see this?
    Yes, it's been that way since at least the 2nd Dev and first public beta. I don't want a screenshot, I want a reboot. Surprised it wasn't fixed in the most recent!
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    07-24-2016 03:52 PM
    The text alert tones do not work for messages if the alert style is set to none. If it's set to Banner, it works. Still testing this.
    07-24-2016 05:22 PM
    I just push and hold the home button first, then hold power button, it won’t take a screenshot. But yes you will see the slide to power off quickly.
    07-24-2016 05:31 PM
    Had to erase all content settings for iCloud Backups to work. Phone running a lot smoother too. Like butter.
    07-25-2016 12:31 AM
    Noticed a couple days in a row now that if I leave my phone on the charger over night it starts warming up by the time I get up. Anyone else experienced this? This didn't happen before PB2
    07-25-2016 04:19 AM
    Noticed a couple days in a row now that if I leave my phone on the charger over night it starts warming up by the time I get up. Anyone else experienced this? This didn't happen before PB2
    No. Charging as usual.
    Any background process stuck? App still running that uses a lot of battery causing drain while the charger is adding power?
    07-25-2016 05:13 AM
    No. Charging as usual.
    Any background process stuck? App still running that uses a lot of battery causing drain while the charger is adding power?
    When I take the phone off the charger it immediately starts to cool off.. after a few minutes it's completely normal.

I'll test today and see if I can reproduce during the day. Might be the cable i'm using (It's not apple but it is apple certified) and I'm using the Apple Dock.
    07-25-2016 05:16 AM
    When I take the phone off the charger it immediately starts to cool off.. after a few minutes it's completely normal.

I'll test today and see if I can reproduce during the day. Might be the cable i'm using (It's not apple but it is apple certified) and I'm using the Apple Dock.
    It could be that the photos app is still indexing which happens only when locked and plugged in together with a backup.

The photo indexing can take quite a while... I wouldn't worry about it at the moment.
    07-25-2016 05:22 AM
    It could be that the photos app is still indexing which happens only when locked and plugged in together with a backup.

The photo indexing can take quite a while... I wouldn't worry about it at the moment.
    I suppose this is possible, but would it really be doing this after 7 hours?

I'm unable to reproduce the behaviour using the Apple charger i have at work.. but it's not been plugged in that long.
    07-25-2016 09:04 AM
    I suppose this is possible, but would it really be doing this after 7 hours?

I'm unable to reproduce the behaviour using the Apple charger i have at work.. but it's not been plugged in that long.
    Depends on how many photos you have. Mine took a good few days and it's doing it again now after the erase all content and settings. The photos app at one stage was using about 50% of the battery...

Check your usage stats immediately after taking it off the charger.
    07-25-2016 12:03 PM
    Has anyone noticed the second hand on the clock app no longer moves? I haven't reported it, I just noticed the other day. It's such an innocuous thing I'm not sure it would even be worth reporting.
    07-25-2016 01:52 PM
    Has anyone noticed the second hand on the clock app no longer moves? I haven't reported it, I just noticed the other day. It's such an innocuous thing I'm not sure it would even be worth reporting.
    Mine does. See if a hard reset jump starts it.
    07-25-2016 02:31 PM
    I only have a handful of pictures on my phone, all pretty clearly contain faces, yet my people album constantly states "no people found"
    07-26-2016 03:12 PM
    I only have a handful of pictures on my phone, all pretty clearly contain faces, yet my people album constantly states "no people found"
    Mine picks up a few, but not the ones I want. It picks up cartoon characters and small pics on larger screenshots. Needs fine tuning. The feature doesn't interest me anyway.
    07-26-2016 05:11 PM
    Mine picked up a brick as a face... but yet it doesn't pick up the many other faces on my phone. Face recognition needs to be touched upon by Apple before the Fall release.
    07-26-2016 05:50 PM
    Even on OSX, iPhoto and then Photos never seems to get faces 100%
    07-26-2016 07:07 PM
    i heard that the 10 isnt that great what is the difference than 9.3?
    07-26-2016 07:10 PM
    i heard that the 10 isnt that great what is the difference than 9.3?
    There's a lot of new cool stuff for messages. I didn't think I'd like any of it, but it's fun. Links post different in messages too. The drop down notification banner is better. Widgets are more easily accessible. There's lots of new things. Where do you hear it wasn't that great?
    07-26-2016 07:25 PM
    Anyone use the bedtime option in the Clock app? I can't hear the alarms because they are so low or they are silent, I can't figure it out. Anyone else with this issue?
    07-27-2016 08:25 AM
    Having a pathetic battery life in iOS 10 PB2. I am loosing 1-3 % charge every 10 minutes of usage. The standby time is as well draining very high, like when I go to bed and then wake up in the morning it will consume close to 20-25% of battery. Unable to find what is causing the battery to drain. I even tried to turn off background app refresh, location services as well as disabled auto brightness still no go. i am using iPhone 6S. I also earse all content and data and did not restore any previous backup. Downloaded essential apps from app store, still the battery is depleting very fast. Any fix that I missed to try?
    07-27-2016 10:03 AM
    Facebook was running high for me. So deleted and reinstalled to test. Also not sure if others are allowing the iOS to settle in a few days. Anyone???
    07-27-2016 11:28 AM
    Having a pathetic battery life in iOS 10 PB2. I am loosing 1-3 % charge every 10 minutes of usage. The standby time is as well draining very high, like when I go to bed and then wake up in the morning it will consume close to 20-25% of battery. Unable to find what is causing the battery to drain. I even tried to turn off background app refresh, location services as well as disabled auto brightness still no go. i am using iPhone 6S. I also earse all content and data and did not restore any previous backup. Downloaded essential apps from app store, still the battery is depleting very fast. Any fix that I missed to try?
    I had an issue a few days ago where my battery was discharging too fast. About 1 % each minute. And the phone felt hot. I turned a few things off. Swiped a few battery guzzler apps out of multitasking. Did a hard reset. It finally stopped. No problem since. Not sure what it was.

You might try going back to 9.3.3. Then install 10 again.
    07-27-2016 11:36 AM
    Already did that. Restored to iOS 9.3.3 and updated to iOS 10 Public Beta 2. Had set it up as new iPhone and did not restore any backups. Downloaded minimal applications like WhatsApp, instagram etc. stilll I am getting bad battery life. Plz help anyone.
    07-27-2016 02:21 PM
977 ... 1112131415 ...