Voicemail transcription

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone outside the USA has seen voicemail transcription enable itself?

I'm in Australia with Telstra, sadly no transcription yet with my iPhone 6S running iOS beta 2.

From the articles I've read, this is something that just starts working at some point, no user side config.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Although I'm on iOS 10 beta 2, I'm not called frequently. Once or twice in a week at best. My friends are not in the habit of leaving voicemails, they simply text or use WhatsApp if they can't reach me.
I will let you know if I get a voicemail and if transcription works (or not)

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
@Tartarus, how I dream to not get so many calls, sadly in my line of work it's part of the gig. Calls are just so 1989 ;)

lpelullo

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I've had four different carriers in Spain and visual voicemail has not been an option with any of them. I miss that from the US so much!! So without visual voicemail being available I doubt the voicemail transcription would be a possibility :-(

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
@Tartarus, how I dream to not get so many calls, sadly in my line of work it's part of the gig. Calls are just so 1989 ;)

I get called so few, that I started to hope some far inexplicable relatives in Nigeria started calling me demanding money to send me millions of dollars from my dead uncle who used to be king there. Sadly, even that doesn't happen

gwhizkids

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Jumping in here: anyone seeing this? Particularly users in the US on phones "below" iPhone 6s/6s+? That seems to be the dividing line. Very curious if that is permanent (like raise to wake) or just during roll out. Wish I could get my hand on the Beta release notes, but as a non-developer, I cannot.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Jumping in here: anyone seeing this? Particularly users in the US on phones "below" iPhone 6s/6s+? That seems to be the dividing line. Very curious if that is permanent (like raise to wake) or just during roll out. Wish I could get my hand on the Beta release notes, but as a non-developer, I cannot.

I've read a few other forums and site comments, seems many people can't get the transcription feature working, doesn't seem to be limited to device type, country or carrier. Very odd rollout.

@gwhizkids, I'll PM you regarding your last post ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox