iOS 10 Public Beta

LP Slade

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I only have one iPhone so the Developer Beta is definitely not an option for me. I'm wondering about your thoughts on the Public Beta, though. I did the public beta last year for El Capitan on my MacBook Pro and didn't have any issues really, but I use my iPhone way more than my computer. Knowing this, is it too risky to use the public beta on my only, daily phone? Or are they usually stable enough to be fine?

BTW, I wouldn't be expecting 100% perfect performance in the public beta, but at least good enough to not brick my phone or make me want to throw it out a window. :) I know we can't really know beforehand (hence the whole beta test), but is it pretty low-risk?

Thanks for your input ahead of time!!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I would certainly not jump RIGHT on it, but maybe wait a few weeks and see how others are doing with it, maybe wait through 1 or 2 builds before jumping in. Certainly wait to get some initial feedback from those that jump RIGHT in! :)

LP Slade

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
So that's the Developer Beta ... everything works well with it? Either way I'd wait until the Public Beta, but if the developer one works well, then the public one must as well, no?

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Im also running the dev beta on my phone. Sure it has bugs, is slow in places, and things occasionally dont work, but it isn't enough to cause a big issue with me. IF your phone is mission critical for work or something, I wouldnt recommend it. However if you can deal with a few bugs here and there it is fun to check out.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been running public betas since the program started... I've not had what I would call a major issue... And it's no big deal to restore back to the last non-beta release...

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Im also running the dev beta on my phone. Sure it has bugs, is slow in places, and things occasionally dont work, but it isn't enough to cause a big issue with me. IF your phone is mission critical for work or something, I wouldnt recommend it. However if you can deal with a few bugs here and there it is fun to check out.

I agree. I have iOS 10 Dev Beta 1 on my primary phone and use it daily. It has a few quirky things like off center text or slow response to screen taps or occasional black screen spinner reload. But it's pretty stable on my phone.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I am running iOS 10 and  watch 3. I have had only one issue and once the app was updated, I have not seen an issue. I would not recommend putting the first public beta of anything on a device. Unless you can deal with issues or fix them, my suggestion would to wait 2 or 3 in before jumping aboard.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I would certainly not jump RIGHT on it, but maybe wait a few weeks and see how others are doing with it, maybe wait through 1 or 2 builds before jumping in. Certainly wait to get some initial feedback from those that jump RIGHT in! :)

I'll jump right in for you

lpelullo

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
So if I were to do the developer preview, will I get the regular public updates as well? Or would my OS remain in the developer realm (assuming I'd have to delete the profile?)?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
So if I were to do the developer preview, will I get the regular public updates as well? Or would my OS remain in the developer realm (assuming I'd have to delete the profile?)?

The public and Dev versions will be the same build, but by the time public beta comes around, iOS 10 should be almost completely stable.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro