New Maps

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else think the big black bar across the top PLUS the new bar at the bottom, takes away precious map real estate? Also, I couldn't find a way to change from 3D to 2D like you could in iOS 9. 😁😁😁😁

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Agreed, it's a little too large, but does help in clearly showing the next action you need to take.

As for 3D to 2D, if you swipe up at the bottom and choose overview, does it make any difference? I'm not mobile now, so can't tell.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
When you swipe up and choose overview, it zooms out like 1000 miles and then you see the entire route. No option for 2D/3D.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Something else I noticed. When you are looking at the map before you start navigating, it shows the weather and temp in the bottom right hand corner. Kinda cool.
iMoreAppImg_20160619_091021.jpg

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I wish the Maps app could zoom in/out using one finger like Google Maps. if you double-tap and then hold your finger on the screen, then scroll either up or down, you can zoom in or out (google maps).. Not so with Apple Maps...

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I wish the Maps app could zoom in/out using one finger like Google Maps. if you double-tap and then hold your finger on the screen, then scroll either up or down, you can zoom in or out (google maps).. Not so with Apple Maps...

You can now delete apple maps on iOS 10 and have Google Maps as your default.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
You can now delete apple maps on iOS 10 and have Google Maps as your default.

I was asking if the new Maps app allows for touch screen zooming like google maps.. not about deleting the stock map app. The current maps app in IOS9 only uses pinch to zoom in/out.. not really one-handed friendly..

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I was asking if the new Maps app allows for touch screen zooming like google maps.. not about deleting the stock map app. The current maps app in IOS9 only uses pinch to zoom in/out.. not really one-handed friendly..

AFAIK the new maps app does not. That's why I said that you can remove the stock app and use Google Maps as the default instead.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I wish there was a map application that has the option to show a driving street view option instead of having to keep hitting the road on the screen.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Apple Maps does not have street view.

The original writings were....

wish there was a map application that has the option to show a driving street view option instead of having to keep hitting the road on the screen.

One reply was...

Apple Maps already does that. You just have to tap the icon in the lower left corner.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
So is there a map application like Google maps that actually shows a camera video shot like street view except not having to keep hitting screen to keep moving on the street?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods