For all those who already have the iOS 10 Beta installed: is there a way to disable the annoying new features such as the secret messages or the animated background? I don't want to use them, which is the easy part, but I also don't won't to receive animated messages or dancing bananas
    06-15-2016 07:20 PM
    For all those who already have the iOS 10 Beta installed: is there a way to disable the annoying new features such as the secret messages or the animated background? I don't want to use them, which is the easy part, but I also don't won't to receive animated messages or dancing bananas
    From what I've heard there is no way to disable the new iMessage features. I wouldn't worry so much about it. Apple seems to have done a pretty good job keeping the new stuff out of the way if you don't want to use them.
    06-15-2016 08:19 PM
    I see the point here, as most of these features aren't interesting to me (a 40 year old male), however after a few days of use they don't get in my way from a sending point of view.

As to how someone else wants to communicate with me, just like the verbal slang the next generations use, I guess I just have to suck it up if they want to use these types of features.

The good thing is that the effects largely only happen once, and if you really don't want to be "impacted" either add the sender to blocked contacts or use another app that doesn't include these features (and perhaps offers other advantages like true multi-platform)? I'm actually surprised it's taken Apple so long, given the snapchat generation (I think they have also missed the boat, so these new features is likely too little, far too late).
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    06-15-2016 09:44 PM
    Thank you both, that's what I was afraid of. Maybe Apple will reconsider in the coming months until the final release but I highly doubt that.
    OZsMac likes this.
    06-15-2016 10:46 PM
    From what I have seen their is no way
    06-16-2016 02:36 PM
    The digital touch has a button of its own like the camera button but they don't bother me it's just added capabilities there if I ever need them
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    07-02-2016 03:11 AM
    or just ask the person who sent you the imessage to not include any of the annoying background or animated messages..
    07-03-2016 09:03 PM