iOS 10 Beta on a daily driver?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Depends on how you installed beta 1 the first time. If it was ota, beta 2 will be available OTA as well, if you installed it through ISPW, you can either install beta 2 the same way or install the profile for OTA updates required for betas over the air.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I thought I read people on here talking about using iOS10 public beta? Guess I'm just getting fidgety waiting for the next beta

The public beta version of iOS 10 will be made available "in July". As of now, we cannot provide an exact date in July.

Biggs91276

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Depends on how you installed beta 1 the first time. If it was ota, beta 2 will be available OTA as well, if you installed it through ISPW, you can either install beta 2 the same way or install the profile for OTA updates required for betas over the air.

I downloaded the file and the phone reset and it was available through the ota Update

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I have it on my iphone 6 and use it daily. Only issue i have had was a black screen using siri. I did a 2 button restart and all seems fine since then. All my apps are working fine with a few quirky visual things here or there like something off center or a black bar at top of screen but functionality is there.

MrAdamsD

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this was mentioned, but if you're having problems with iOS 10 beta do a complete wipe. Go back to iOS 9 and redo the iOS 10 install. I was having the worst experience with iOS 10 and after the reinstall it's really smooth.

gdruin74

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I have been using both iOS 10 and watchOS 3 as daily drivers since WWDC. There are some springboard crashes, maybe 2 a day, but other other than that is very stable. The only app I use that does not work is Bank of America but I can use safari and 1password just as fast. Battery life has been the same at worse for me. No issue with voice navigation in Maps for me. Siri has been hit or miss when sending texts but i do not use it that ofter anyway.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have been using both iOS 10 and watchOS 3 as daily drivers since WWDC. There are some springboard crashes, maybe 2 a day, but other other than that is very stable. The only app I use that does not work is Bank of America but I can use safari and 1password just as fast. Battery life has been the same at worse for me. No issue with voice navigation in Maps for me. Siri has been hit or miss when sending texts but i do not use it that ofter anyway.

Yeah, the BofA app does not work on my iPhone while running iOS 10 dev beta 1, but the iPad version does.

Elpasorog53

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
I've been using it for about a week and very impressed with stability. Some issues with apps opening and then going to home screen. Better than any beta 1 in the past.

mg6035

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Beta 2 seems to be much more responsive so far. Very snappy. Haven't done much with it yet but not much lag at all that I can see.

combi06

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
Both Betas 1 and 2 have been pretty stable for me my only issue with both of them has been battery life. Is been pretty bad

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I put the PB on my phone and it's not quite ready for prime time (obviously) but I'm not reverting. My most recent list of items is here:

http://forums.imore.com/ios-10/367226-ios-10-public-beta-1-live-7.html#post2771408

It isn't bad for an early beta. I learned a great piece of advice today: If there's an app that you absolutely must have check the dev's twitter feed before installing the beta. If there's a compatibility issue it should be pretty obvious.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox