iOS 10 Beta on a daily driver?

mushroomboy

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
What I've seen:

Firefox stops behaving and I have to restart it, it works but all links have to be new tabs until a restart of the app.

The task switcher is glitched.

Apps update and install, no issues there.

I had audio issues with an app but using the control panel fixed that, volume button working again unknown as to what caused that.

Honestly this isn't bad for a daily driver so far. Installed it on a chicks iPhone 5s, I'll see if she has had major issues after a day.

Though I'm generally lucky with betas. Every iOS beta was smooth, even windows betas I've ran daily just fine so I'm keepin my fingers crossed. Hahaha

Ag3ntGio

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Alright so I have been with iOS 10 since Saturday morning, so far it has been amazing battery is legit, the only thing that fails for me is Facebook and when I try looking up an app in the App Store it doesn't load, other than super smooth, maps are bit off and weird don't know how to explain. The notification banner does take longer then usual for it to go away. So far iOS 10 is amazing I think I'll be running it as a daily driver until pubic beta comes out, oh yea certain apps I can't download, but that's it.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I use the windows insiders builds on my lumia phones and ill be using the beta for my iphone.

Is it easy for you to revert back to stable builds?

It's easy provided you have a 9.3.2 iCloud or iTunes backup to revert back to so you don't have to set up as new later on.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
It's time consuming as well if you have to download the iOS 9.3.x ipsw to restore back to. And if you have a large backup it could take some time as well, but all you you have to do is disable find my iPhone and press the restore button and iTunes will do the rest.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I hate is not being able to organize my notifications Other than that it's pretty good. Running it on my 6s Plus. The

That should be an option in the notifications settings, but I'm glad I can delete my notifications all in one go. Although it would've been nice if force touch was implemented in such a way that all notifications could be cleared while also having them organized by app.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
That should be an option in the notifications settings, but I'm glad I can delete my notifications all in one go. Although it would've been nice if force touch was implemented in such a way that all notifications could be cleared while also having them organized by app.

Unfortunately that option is gone with the beta. I'm sure they'll put it back. Now that all of my notifications are together, I actually have to read some of them

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I am on my 6s and 12.9 Pro. Only annoying thing is that my iPhone re-springs a couple of times a day. Other than that, it's decent for a beta 1. Lots of bugs for apple to fix though.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I am on my 6s and 12.9 Pro. Only annoying thing is that my iPhone re-springs a couple of times a day. Other than that, it's decent for a beta 1. Lots of bugs for apple to fix though.

Anything close to a respring I had was when some native apps timed out and closed themselves. Starting from a newly restored version of iOS usually takes away some of the bugs as it did for me.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Anything close to a respring I had was when some native apps timed out and closed themselves. Starting from a newly restored version of iOS usually takes away some of the bugs as it did for me.

Yeah I've had many tell me the same thing so I know I'm not alone. I won't start fresh in hopes to solve a bug that I know that will be solved in future betas.

DravenX

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I've had a few problems but it's excepted with a first beta. However, nothing to make it extreme enough to go back to iOS 9 yet. I have it on my 2nd ipad and i have macOS on my 2nd macbook. Not too many issues but I don't use them every day.

0bijuan

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
My 10yr old son installed it day one. Made me proud and jealous that I hadn't done so yet. So I gave in. It's been surprisingly stable overall, and I haven't even had battery life issues yet. Previous BETA 1 releases would only last for a few days before I gave up. The only consistent issue I see with it is apps with built-in browsers don't always accept button presses after using a drop down. So if you have to enter a date from a drop down, the OK or submit button doesn't subsequently work. Sometimes there's a bit of a delay in screen touch sensitivity overall also. Closing pop-up adds in Safari has been an issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro