iOS 10 Beta on a daily driver?

pazces84

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Question. If I decide to install the beta version on my daily driver, what happens when the official iOS10 update comes out? Will I then be able to install/update to the official iOS 10 version?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Question. If I decide to install the beta version on my daily driver, what happens when the official iOS10 update comes out? Will I then be able to install/update to the official iOS 10 version?

Last beta before official release is normally the official build that gets released to public. So you will be good.

mg6035

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Using it on my daily driver and no major issues at all. I have not even had a problem with Facebook.

I haven't noticed any major problems. Only thing for me is the Home app won't load on my iPhone 6. It gives me the splash page and then just turns white and says "loading home". It loads fine on my iPad mini though. I restarted and removed and replaced and still no go.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Alarm app is messed up nothing but issues ..
Respring , app crashes etc but can't downgrade cause I updated my watch also so if I go back my watch is not usable ... Doh !!! Oh well that's the beta life lol

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Ran it for a day but downgraded. Main issue for aside what has been already mentioned above is app store and test flight updates issues. If it was not for that, I would have kept it.

They don't occur for me since I restored to iOS 9.3.2 and downloaded the beta. It's good to start fresh.

NadaAddict

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Depending on how iOS10 looks in the official rollout, I may be switching back to Android when the next nice phone comes out. I'm not going to have my written words be denigrated into emojis because someone thought it was cute. Didn't hieroglyphics fade out a few centuries ago? Is this what's going to happen to us? People forget how to write, we have a massive nuclear war, and our kids are stupid then, so they draw pictures in caves to stay safe from the fallout for another century or two? Yeah, crappy hypothetical...but, what if?

duckduckgoose

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I've been doing beta testing for the last two upgrades but my iPad says my OS is up to date at 9.3. Any ideas why I'm not given the opportunity to upgrade now?

duckduckgoose

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Depending on how iOS10 looks in the official rollout, I may be switching back to Android when the next nice phone comes out. I'm not going to have my written words be denigrated into emojis because someone thought it was cute. Didn't hieroglyphics fade out a few centuries ago? Is this what's going to happen to us? People forget how to write, we have a massive nuclear war, and our kids are stupid then, so they draw pictures in caves to stay safe from the fallout for another century or two? Yeah, crappy hypothetical...but, what if?

Or you can turn that option off maybe? Geez talk about first world problems.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
To make sure I have this correct, you can raise the phone to light up the screen and then use the fingerprint scanner to unlock the phone without actually having to physically press any button?

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

Your typing doesn't automatically turn into emojis. You have to physically change to the emoji keyboard, when you do that, certain words that have emojis for them will highlight and you can tap to change them. If you don't even have the emoji keyboard active, literally nothing will change from your current keyboard in ios9, except for the better word recognition and 'deep learning'

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods