iOS 10 Dev GM is Live

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
re: iOS 10 Dev Beta 6 is Live

a2bb53e7914833b3a426c22f7a9e7673.png
be792b04626c32e70c32ca8df8b9ba53.png

So it seems that being unlocked and pressing on the banner for a Message notification you get the ability to scroll through more of your conversation with someone.

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

Why does the date have to be so big! It's ridiculous. Takes up the space of another widget that I would normally see.

They could have left it pretty much the same size & fitted it on one line freeing up at least enough space for an expandable Widget.

Roland

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

I've noticed that the glitchy re-boot has somewhat been fixed with Beta 4, there's no screenshot followed by the slide to turn off screen, although the black screen before the boot splash is still shows a glitchy pattern.

Roland

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I've noticed that the glitchy re-boot has somewhat been fixed with Beta 4, there's no screenshot followed by the slide to turn off screen, although the black screen before the boot splash is still shows a glitchy pattern.

Roland

Yes! This was a welcome fix :)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Found the iMessage issue is related to Reduce Motion in Accessibility. If you reset all settings like I suggested earlier, it will fix it. But soon as you enable Reduce Motion again it's gone. Edited my original post.

This was not that way in PB2/Dev Beta 3.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Does the iMessage effects (bubbles and backgrounds) work for any of you?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
iOS 10 Dev Beta 4 is Live

Does the iMessage effects (bubbles and backgrounds) work for any of you?

See post above :)

I originally thought it was fixed with resetting settings as I couldn't get it to work. Then as I was going through my settings bit by bit it stopped working again. Disabling reduce motion brings it back, but that definitely wasn't an issue before!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

See post above :)

I originally thought it was fixed with resetting settings as I couldn't get it to work. Then as I was going through my settings bit by bit it stopped working again. Disabling reduce motion brings it back, but that definitely wasn't an issue before!

First I'm really curious how you made the connection that reduce motion had anything to do with it- i never would have come up with that on my own. I turned it off and it works. Turn it back on doesn't work...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
iOS 10 Dev Beta 4 is Live

iPhone battery has been very stable. I updated my 9.7 iPad Pro to beta 4 from 9.3.3 and that battery has definitely increased with the beta.

Also, Beta 4 seems to have fixed my Bluetooth issue to when playing music through my stock stereo in my Camry. Occasionally it would break up here and there and now it has been solid. Issue had been there since beta 1.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I'm finally downloading now. Hopefully this will fix the Apple Music issue I've been having. Half of my songs are listed under the "?", even though the artist's name & song title are displayed.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

First I'm really curious how you made the connection that reduce motion had anything to do with it- i never would have come up with that on my own. I turned it off and it works. Turn it back on doesn't work...

I never even used the features, well other than to text myself, but yesterday I got a coworker on PB3 and wanted to show him the new iMessage stuff. Nice find on the reduce motion.

and yes battery life on this beta so far is better. Both for the watch and iPhone.

Volcom45

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site

Are all devices with no 3D-Touch really not going to be able to "Clear all notifications" from notification center? If so, that is absolutely ridiculous! Apple's newest iPhone, the SE can't do it, all iPads can't do it, I truly hope they provide an alternative or long press option before gold master release in the fall!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR