iOS 10 Dev GM is Live

lmarranzino

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
Re: iOS 10 Dev Beta 2 is Live

Noticing some issues with Freezing on B2, Also message app when sending attached pictures the screen goes blank.

I think I may go back to 9.3.2 just till public hits. But it has been fun. IOS 10 will be nice.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

I just checked the App Store and yeah, I have an update for Facebook, too. Now the issue is that I'm not on wifi and all of my updates started downloading on their own when I opened the App Store?!?! I checked and I have "use cellular data" switched off! It's all the same settings and pre-Beta and it never would download anything on cellular data unless I initiated it manually.

Yep you are spot on, I called this out a little while back with Beta 1 after seeing quite a bit of mobile data transfer that I couldn't account for. Recommend you submit a bug report (I have for B1 and B2). Until fixed, best to turn off Updates you are on unlimited mobile data.

I also believe (but can't be sure) that the apps only update when you open the App Store app on your iOS device, It "appears" that when you open it, it triggers downloads of app updates and it doesn't seem to matter if you turn off "Use Mobile Data' in settings.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

Anyone noticing volume issues with Bluetooth? I have a Bluetooth speaker and I used it today after updating, it acts like the volume limiter is on even though I have it off. Basically, it's really quiet even at max volume. Quieter than speaking voice quiet.

Yes this is the largest impacting bug that I'm seeing in Beta 2 so far. I would go as far as to say that Bluetooth isn't stable in this release, I've had problems getting devices that are paired to connect also, along with random pausing issues during playback. Guess it's called a beta for a reason, normally audio and video playback is heavily impacted during iOS beta's, guess it was only a matter of time.

PS - Have had a look through the B2 release notes, no mention of this, so get your bug reporting on :)

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

So far, everything seems to be buttery smooth for me. Hope I'm not speaking too soon. Time will tell but so far iOS 10 PB is great.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

You can now choose if you want alarms to snooze or not.
I disabled snooze because I set my alarm at my intervals of 15 myself.
573ac7af0ef45b7c94307e1331bbb152.jpg

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

would go as far as to say that Bluetooth isn't stable in this release, I've had problems getting devices that are paired to connect also, along with random pausing issues during playback.
My Fitbit connects just fine. No Bluetooth connectivity issue so far.

jdesignz

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
iOS 10 Dev Beta 2 is Live

A glitch has been fixed - putting a folder inside another folder won't work anymore.

And there we go , another beta is out!

Last edited:

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

I found that my iPhone was ignoring the "Ask to Join Networks" setting in Wi-Fi and continually popping up a list of available networks. Whilst possibly handy at times, not what I'd asked it to do ;)

A quick visit to /Settings/General/Reset/Rest Network Settings appears to have cleared this up.

B2 is following previous examples (iOS 6, 7, 8 & 9) as providing a few challenges to anyone who installs, but hey it's a beta. I recommend caution to anyone else looking at starting the beta process or upgrading from beta 1, beta 2 has quite a few issues, for me mainly around audio & video. Performance is fine & general stability is ok, you just need to be aware that some core system functionality might be wonky.

lmarranzino

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site

I have the Dev iOS Beta 2 , I ended up not rolling back. I did download the new public profile.

Question is will the public profile kick in. It states up to date on update checking.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

I have the Dev iOS Beta 2 , I ended up not rolling back. I did download the new public profile.

Question is will the public profile kick in. It states up to date on update checking.

Because they're the same build. Wait for public beta 2 to be sure if it kicks in.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

You don't want to be on the public profile. As you saw this week, public gets the betas after the devs.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site

Battery stats are wonked for sure.

Also my widgets have stopped working, again. Ugh.

it has stuck with me a time or two and a restart will fix it on mine. I read somewhere Apps hang or crash due to some system font issue I wonder if widgets are hanging because of that problem too.

Paper Chaser

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site

Someone here may hopefully have the answer to this.. I want 9.3.3 public beta 5 but the beta profile from Apple only seems to give me iOS 10 public beta 1.

Have I missed the boat for 9.3.3 public beta 5 and only iOS 10 betas only available now?

Thanks.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Someone here may hopefully have the answer to this.. I want 9.3.3 public beta 5 but the beta profile from Apple only seems to give me iOS 10 public beta 1.

Have I missed the boat for 9.3.3 public beta 5 and only iOS 10 betas only available now?

Thanks.

Did you delete the profile you had and install a new one? I had to delete the previous one to get 10. Otherwise it showed 9.3.3 PB5.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site

Widgets not working? I did an experiment after reading some notes somewhere about a system font issue causing app crashing. So just out of curiosity I changed my font to "BOLD" not sure if it is even related but since I have made that change my widgets load everytime now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen