iOS 10 Dev GM is Live

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: iOS 10 Dev Beta 2 is Live

I found a feature in Beta 2 that I didn't see in Beta 1. The color filters for the screen. It's under Accessibility and Display Accommodations.ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1467796573.779579.jpg

Vinu Jacob

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site

I'm a heavy Audible user, and if I try to use it in my car with Bluetooth, it will stop playing randomly every few minutes at first, then every few seconds. When I'm on my wired headset, it happens after an hour or more, but will then decrease in time over the next few occurrences. A reboot resets the timer on the random stops.

hudss

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

only issues I'm still having is sometimes orientation gets stuck. Have to lock and unlock.

Also I can't seem to open app URLs. It goes to Safari and I get a message "the URL can't be shown"..

specialkphd

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site

For anyone experiencing text being cut off in widgets, adjust your dynamic text size under Settings -> Display & Brightness -> Text Size to at least one above the smallest. Usually I keep mine as small as it will go. When I changed this, my widgets were no longer cutoff. Changing it back obviously it goes back to being cutoff.

Gabebcn

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

For anyone experiencing text being cut off in widgets, adjust your dynamic text size under Settings -> Display & Brightness -> Text Size to at least one above the smallest. Usually I keep mine as small as it will go. When I changed this, my widgets were no longer cutoff. Changing it back obviously it goes back to being cutoff.

Thank you! It worked . I also keep the text as small as possible but the temperature was cut off in the widget. Now it's all fine

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site

Cool. Let us know what you think of it after a bit...

Running better than beta 1. It is far from perfect and bug free. Will continue to run it for a bit. If no major issues will likely keep it this time around.

What email app are you running by the way? I am using Outlook but it's definitely wonky on iOS 10

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Running better than beta 1. It is far from perfect and bug free. Will continue to run it for a bit. If no major issues will likely keep it this time around.

What email app are you running by the way? I am using Outlook but it's definitely wonky on iOS 10

On my iPad Pro, I use the native Mail app exclusively, however, on my iPhone, I use both the Native Mail app and Outlook (business & Mobilenations-related email). Thus far, I haven't noticed any issues with either app.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site

On my iPad Pro, I use the native Mail app exclusively, however, on my iPhone, I use both the Native Mail app and Outlook (business & Mobilenations-related email). Thus far, I haven't noticed any issues with either app.

I am just having issues with sync and a slow downloading of emails even on wifi with Outlook. What iPhone do you have? I have a 6s Plus here.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site

I'm a heavy Audible user, and if I try to use it in my car with Bluetooth, it will stop playing randomly every few minutes at first, then every few seconds. When I'm on my wired headset, it happens after an hour or more, but will then decrease in time over the next few occurrences. A reboot resets the timer on the random stops.
Same problem here. I don't use Audible though. It seems to be a Bluetooth problem maybe?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I am just having issues with sync and a slow downloading of emails even on wifi with Outlook. What iPhone do you have? I have a 6s Plus here.

I have the same device as you. Having said that, I've experienced what you described "on occasion" in beta 1, but not since installing beta 2. I'll keep an eye out and report back any changes, if any. Anyway, I've got to prepare for work. Enjoy the rest of your day...

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

Whats crazy is there is no background function in this build. You close an app it will not run in background, music stops while in another app. Open music back up it resumes playing... Trying to figure out Apple intentions with this build... Quite odd for sure.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site

So far I'm running into a lot more functional bugs in the beta 2 than I did in beta 1.

1. Bluetooth streaming is not working reliably. It cuts out. I had this happen on a rare occasion with beta 1, now it is happening regularly. Not so on 9.3.2.
2. Streaming apps just stop randomly (maybe this is related to the background functionality bugs)?
3. Widgets screen does not work 99% of the time. I can see widgets and get to them, but they are all blank. Occasionally after a hard reset they work again, then stop working and go blank.
4. Rest finger to unlock toggle in settings does not work (no behaviour change if toggled on or off).
5. Apps seem to refresh more frequently when multitasking indicating some kind of problem with background processes.
6. Touchscreen is not as responsive to taps/swipes, and will occasionally not react to input.
7. Hardware buttons (power and home) have stopped working at least once, but a hard reset fixed it. When it happened there was literally no effect of pressing the power or home button on the UI, but touch input still worked.

This is pretty rough for a beta 2, and for software that is 2 weeks away from a public beta. I'll live with the problems until the next beta drops but I hope that the public beta/beta 3 brings actual progress instead of regress. As one of the posters above said, I too am not sure what Apple was thinking with this beta.

Last edited:

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

No issues with Outlook here.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site

I have the same device as you. Having said that, I've experienced what you described "on occasion" in beta 1, but not since installing beta 2. I'll keep an eye out and report back any changes, if any. Anyway, I've got to prepare for work. Enjoy the rest of your day...

Thanks man you too!

Volcom45

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site

I've seen several mentions of Beta 2 including rich notification support for Non 3D-Touch devices.. something about swiping down for the same functionality of a 3D-Touch device.. This doesn't seem to be working on my iPhone SE, is it working for anyone else? Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? If anyone knows more on this, please elaborate. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods