iOS 10 Dev GM is Live

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
re: iOS 10 Dev Beta 2 is Live

No Facebook crashes at all from m me, installed beta on day 1. Did you try to uninstall and reinstall?

L0cke

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site

When in July do we think the Public Beta will drop? I'd like to run this one, but thinking might be worth waiting if it's out soon.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

When in July do we think the Public Beta will drop? I'd like to run this one, but thinking might be worth waiting if it's out soon.

I also would like to know when public beta will be coming out
None of us here can give a definitive date at this time. The best that we can tell you is that iOS 10 Public beta will drop sometime in July.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

Which is correct, so why calling this ridiculous? The same with the new wake-up feature. Only the new co-processor has his as trigger, otherwise the cpu has to listen to all of them which would drain the battery very fast.

I was talking about their reasoning sometimes for not brining features to older devices, even those that are a gen old. That was a bad example. With iOS 9 they said that many older devices without the newer processors and ram could not handle the spotlight search side menu. It's not always about hardware, rather trying to make people upgrade as well. I just believe that a company should try to best accommodate for last gen devices. I've had experiences with Samsung phones as well. As soon as the S4 dropped, they stopped caring about the S3 and its updates.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
iOS 10 Dev Beta 1 is Live

Facebook works fine for me....no crashes. The only thing i found wrong so far is the black bar at the top of some apps.

Oh and news app icon not updated on Settings Menu

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

Is there any change in the Mail.app imap fetch settings? Or is 15 min still the minimum time?

Elim

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site

I was talking about their reasoning sometimes for not brining features to older devices, even those that are a gen old. That was a bad example.
Beside this example - and I must say that I also was disappointed - I can only agree with you. I understand the logic behind it, that Apple want for functions, they supported, a good customer experience. But sometimes it's hard to believe that there will be any negative impact by some new functions.

Beside this I have much more problem that many functions are only available in some regions. Now we have Siri also on our macs but we should not forget that after all this years, in some regions and for many languages Siri is still not supported.
So, I am not talking about apple pay but stuff like news, location search, siri, ... and often its not easy to find out that a new function is not available in your region or language setting you have.
To see what all is here impacted: iOS 9 Feature Availability - Apple

L0cke

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site

Bit the bullet and installed it earlier. So far everything looks good. No crashes, not even in Facebook, and no bugs found.... yet :)

L0cke

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
iOS 10 Dev Beta 1 is Live

Not too keen on the widgets layout. With everything having a default size. My data widget for example has a lot of wasted space at the bottom, but seems it will always be at least that size, whereas before it might just take up one line. Hope that makes sense.

Also I kind of miss the darkening of the lock screen when you have a notification. Just looked cooler. Would have been better to slightly blur the background though.

Last edited:

jdesignz

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site

Yep Facebook crash issue still occurs after the app latest update. Good thing i have Paper as alternative

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR