iOS 10 Dev GM is Live

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
re: iOS 10 Dev Beta 2 is Live

Woot, so you're telling me I just flushed 4 euros down the drain.. Anyway, better safe than sorry.

zscoony

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

Shame the iPad always gets left out. No improvements in Multitasking etc.

Sure doesn't help us promote and develop for iPads Pros.

Elim

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site

Shame the iPad always gets left out. No improvements in Multitasking etc.
That's not really corrent:
  • Music app got a small overlay player (with tiny, tiny video player for music videos)
  • Safari got his own split screen
But beside this there are many, many downsides:
  • Notification screen use again only 1/3 of the screen
  • Same for widgets which use after all 2/3

Elim

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site

There's a dark mode in the clock app...
So, you can switch it anyhow off? Normally I use the app in the kitchen and here the dark mode makes it less readable.

PS. Don't choose a long alarm sound cause it will not stop until it's finish, self when you close the app and you can't stop it in any other way beside playing another music.

Last edited:

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
iOS 10 Dev Beta 1 is Live

I hate the new iMessage camera placement. Before you could press and hold on the button and it would slide up giving the option of video or photo. Now it's a square menu with only the photo option. I feel they're making changes just for the sake of making changes. Kinda like how in iOS 7 they said that spotlight was useless, only to add it back in again as a really big change.

Elim

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site

Question: Music app
No, not abut the design but the functionality. Did someone know if the browse-functionality is gone on purpose or is this a still missing feature?
I mean here the possibilty to click everywhere on the artist or album name to open it. This seems to be completly gone and for me is a no-go for apple music when it's really gone with ios10.
I still can't believe it but nobody mentioned it.

rruk01

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

On the large iPad Pro you have 3 column views in Mail etc, think each device has its own set of characteristics now

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

I forgot to mention this, but in the wifi settings it has safety warnings and recommendations now.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

Also, will take some getting used to clicking the home button to unlock vs. sliding to unlock on my non-touch ID iPad Air. That said, I'm really enjoying the added lock screen functionality!

Regarding 3 columns in mail for iPad: is this only for the Pro? My first gen Air doesn't even have full split screen capability (although I do get picture in picture when watching YouTube , Netflix , etc)

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

Also, does anyone with a Pro know if the Apple Pencil will take over some of the 3D Touch functionally on the lock screen/etc? Or will long taps activate the functionality?