Also. Under accessibility- home button. There is a new option for Touch ID unlock.
    But the rest finger to unlock is not working as advertised. Maybe beta 3 it works right.
    ladyc0524, dejanh and nikkisharif like this.
    07-05-2016 10:06 PM
    I'll come back and try beta 3 to see if CarPlay is working for me
    07-05-2016 10:27 PM
    Installed on iPhone 6S and iPad Pro 9.7". So far no major issues, and quite a few niggles fixed up for me. Battery life "appears" to be about the same as Beta 1, I admit that it's only been 8 hours of use so far.

3rd party Apps that i know to work reasonably well Overcast, Downcast, 1password, Swipes, Calendar (Readdle), Spark, Airmail, Skype, Zinio, Soundcloud, Notibility, Fantastical, LinkedIn, OneDrive, Zinio, Foxtel Go, Feedly, Slack and Trello (I've used basic functionality of each of these apps at least twice each and not seen a crash or major issue blocking the application function).
    07-05-2016 10:32 PM
    Finally got it installed, lock sounds issue is fixed. Keyboard clicks seem to be more consistent and I am noticing less lag while typing.
    07-05-2016 10:56 PM
    But the rest finger to unlock is not working as advertised. Maybe beta 3 it works right.
    Yes, it does Garz. I'll leave you this link to learn how Apple is supposing this feature to be used.
    iOS 10 tidbit: unlocking iPhone and iPad without launching Home screen
    07-05-2016 11:06 PM
    Yes, it does Garz. I'll leave you this link to learn how Apple is supposing this feature to be used.
    iOS 10 tidbit: unlocking iPhone and iPad without launching Home screen
    Ok yeah after reading that, I suppose it does. Not what I was thinking it would be. Lame. I was hoping I could lift my phone and the screen lights up. Then rest finger on home button and it unlocks to my main screen.
    Bro-row likes this.
    07-05-2016 11:16 PM
    Secondary impressions after roughly 30 minutes, with night shift and auto brightness on it seems the screen is darker now. Also my widgets are all properly sized now. I will post more as I find more things. Hopefully they fixed message functionality on the lock screen.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-05-2016 11:19 PM
    I noticed the iMessage Store Button is functioning now. Has a few options in there for reinstalling the packs that were purchased on Beta 1. iOS 10 Dev GM is Live-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1467786469.089336.jpg
    07-06-2016 01:27 AM
    It's soooo bad that Rest to unlock didn't work!

I really hate the way that  wants us to unlock the device in iOS 10... Please make it wotks in the next Beta, pleaaaaase
    mbar9607 likes this.
    07-06-2016 02:23 AM
    Installed straight away on my big iPad Pro, iPhone SE refused to download OTA, trying to get the ipsw from developer.apple.com but also having issues downloading currently.

iPad Pro after a few hours use seems ok for me. One thing to consider is that using IMessage with new stuff such as animations etc, has quite unpredictable results sending to a pre iOS 10 device or Mac. Nothing crashes but not everything gets through (as you'd expect I guess, though there is no indication to the sender that is the case - something they need to sort out for release). Lock screen and using TouchID seems clearer, though still a little confused to me (Do I press or rest my finger for Home or unlock...just seems overly complicated to solve the issue of TouchID being too fast - not entirely successful in current beta 2 I'd say)

Can't see anything new with multi-tasking/split screen/slide over on iPad Pro as yet.

Fundamentals of Swift in Playgrounds has been updated (not sure how yet though - just has an "Updated" banner on it and it wipes any history you have recorded) "Beyond the basics" still not available.

Cheers

Ian
    07-06-2016 04:04 AM
    I found a feature in Beta 2 that I didn't see in Beta 1. The color filters for the screen. It's under Accessibility and Display Accommodations.iOS 10 Dev GM is Live-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1467796573.779579.jpg
    dejanh likes this.
    07-06-2016 04:16 AM
    I'm a heavy Audible user, and if I try to use it in my car with Bluetooth, it will stop playing randomly every few minutes at first, then every few seconds. When I'm on my wired headset, it happens after an hour or more, but will then decrease in time over the next few occurrences. A reboot resets the timer on the random stops.
    07-06-2016 05:53 AM
    only issues I'm still having is sometimes orientation gets stuck. Have to lock and unlock.

Also I can't seem to open app URLs. It goes to Safari and I get a message "the URL can't be shown"..
    07-06-2016 08:13 AM
    I found a feature in Beta 2 that I didn't see in Beta 1. The color filters for the screen. It's under Accessibility and Display Accommodations.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1467796573.779579.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	108809
    That was in beta 1
    07-06-2016 08:26 AM
    For anyone experiencing text being cut off in widgets, adjust your dynamic text size under Settings -> Display & Brightness -> Text Size to at least one above the smallest. Usually I keep mine as small as it will go. When I changed this, my widgets were no longer cutoff. Changing it back obviously it goes back to being cutoff.
    vincie76 likes this.
    07-06-2016 08:57 AM
    For anyone experiencing text being cut off in widgets, adjust your dynamic text size under Settings -> Display & Brightness -> Text Size to at least one above the smallest. Usually I keep mine as small as it will go. When I changed this, my widgets were no longer cutoff. Changing it back obviously it goes back to being cutoff.
    Thank you! It worked . I also keep the text as small as possible but the temperature was cut off in the widget. Now it's all fine
    07-06-2016 09:13 AM
    Cool. Let us know what you think of it after a bit...
    Running better than beta 1. It is far from perfect and bug free. Will continue to run it for a bit. If no major issues will likely keep it this time around.

What email app are you running by the way? I am using Outlook but it's definitely wonky on iOS 10
    AndyLH8891 and Just_Me_D like this.
    07-06-2016 09:24 AM
    Running better than beta 1. It is far from perfect and bug free. Will continue to run it for a bit. If no major issues will likely keep it this time around.

What email app are you running by the way? I am using Outlook but it's definitely wonky on iOS 10
    On my iPad Pro, I use the native Mail app exclusively, however, on my iPhone, I use both the Native Mail app and Outlook (business & Mobilenations-related email). Thus far, I haven't noticed any issues with either app.
    Trooper27 likes this.
    07-06-2016 09:27 AM
    On my iPad Pro, I use the native Mail app exclusively, however, on my iPhone, I use both the Native Mail app and Outlook (business & Mobilenations-related email). Thus far, I haven't noticed any issues with either app.
    I am just having issues with sync and a slow downloading of emails even on wifi with Outlook. What iPhone do you have? I have a 6s Plus here.
    07-06-2016 09:34 AM
    I'm a heavy Audible user, and if I try to use it in my car with Bluetooth, it will stop playing randomly every few minutes at first, then every few seconds. When I'm on my wired headset, it happens after an hour or more, but will then decrease in time over the next few occurrences. A reboot resets the timer on the random stops.
    Same problem here. I don't use Audible though. It seems to be a Bluetooth problem maybe?
    07-06-2016 09:34 AM
    I am just having issues with sync and a slow downloading of emails even on wifi with Outlook. What iPhone do you have? I have a 6s Plus here.
    I have the same device as you. Having said that, I've experienced what you described "on occasion" in beta 1, but not since installing beta 2. I'll keep an eye out and report back any changes, if any. Anyway, I've got to prepare for work. Enjoy the rest of your day...
    Trooper27 likes this.
    07-06-2016 09:36 AM
    Whats crazy is there is no background function in this build. You close an app it will not run in background, music stops while in another app. Open music back up it resumes playing... Trying to figure out Apple intentions with this build... Quite odd for sure.
    dejanh likes this.
    07-06-2016 09:41 AM
    Running pretty smoothly on my 6s+. The things that were crashing in Beta 1, no longer crash.
    07-06-2016 09:58 AM
    So far I'm running into a lot more functional bugs in the beta 2 than I did in beta 1.

1. Bluetooth streaming is not working reliably. It cuts out. I had this happen on a rare occasion with beta 1, now it is happening regularly. Not so on 9.3.2.
    2. Streaming apps just stop randomly (maybe this is related to the background functionality bugs)?
    3. Widgets screen does not work 99% of the time. I can see widgets and get to them, but they are all blank. Occasionally after a hard reset they work again, then stop working and go blank.
    4. Rest finger to unlock toggle in settings does not work (no behaviour change if toggled on or off).
    5. Apps seem to refresh more frequently when multitasking indicating some kind of problem with background processes.
    6. Touchscreen is not as responsive to taps/swipes, and will occasionally not react to input.
    7. Hardware buttons (power and home) have stopped working at least once, but a hard reset fixed it. When it happened there was literally no effect of pressing the power or home button on the UI, but touch input still worked.

This is pretty rough for a beta 2, and for software that is 2 weeks away from a public beta. I'll live with the problems until the next beta drops but I hope that the public beta/beta 3 brings actual progress instead of regress. As one of the posters above said, I too am not sure what Apple was thinking with this beta.
    Last edited by dejanh; 07-06-2016 at 11:12 AM.
    Vinu Jacob and yudisyahputra like this.
    07-06-2016 10:01 AM

No issues with Outlook here.
    Trooper27 likes this.
    07-06-2016 11:29 AM
1,408 ... 2122232425 ...