Well, it's official. iOS 10 has been announced with some great new features. What are your thoughts on this Fall's upcoming release? Is there a new feature that's blown your mind? Is there something that's missing that you were hoping would be there? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
    06-13-2016 03:25 PM
    I'm whelmed... not over or under... just whelmed.
    06-13-2016 03:30 PM
    I am excited. I think Apple has some really good changes under the hood.
    Ariyala likes this.
    06-13-2016 03:32 PM
    I'm really happy to see that they're opening up more to developers. That is a huge step in the right direction.
    06-13-2016 03:41 PM
    I'm even-keeled. Nothing excites me into "I gotta have that now!" like previous WWDC previews.

I'm not too happy with the iMessage stuff basically turning into a snapchat, millennial thing. Usually things like that don't bother me but there's not much I can do to control all that stuff other than turning off iMessage altogether which I don't want to do.
    ladyc0524, H_D and libra89 like this.
    06-13-2016 03:45 PM
    I'm even-keeled. Nothing excites me into "I gotta have that now!" like previous WWDC previews.

I'm not too happy with the iMessage stuff basically turning into a snapchat, millennial thing. Usually things like that don't bother me but there's not much I can do to control all that stuff other than turning off iMessage altogether which I don't want to do.
    My thoughts exactly!
    06-13-2016 03:46 PM
    I'm not thrilled with the iMessage stuff either. Seems geared for kids mostly. I do like the update to the lock screen. That will be nice. Also the additions to the Control Center will be useful.
    06-13-2016 04:34 PM
    I like what they did but I'm extremely concerned we aren't going to see any major forward momentum on the iPad front. It got almost zero keynote time beyond Swift Playgrounds (which looks FANTASTIC). REALLY hoping they made some major improvements to multitasking on iPad and just didn't mention it.
    mckillio likes this.
    06-13-2016 04:57 PM
    Boring, unexciting, just playing catch up. Typical modern keynotes.
    06-13-2016 04:58 PM
    Lockscreen! Finally. And 3Dtouch makes the homescreen usefull. Its not tiles as I have hoped for but its a good middle ground between iOS, android and Windows phone.
    Rob Phillips and Marion Dunn like this.
    06-13-2016 05:18 PM
    Lockscreen! Finally. And 3Dtouch makes the homescreen usefull. Its not tiles as I have hoped for but its a good middle ground between iOS, android and Windows phone.
    Maybe people will start actually using 3D Touch now.
    Marion Dunn likes this.
    06-13-2016 05:21 PM

I actually like some of the changes. It looks like Apple was very mindful of how they designed the new features so that they aren't in the way if you don't want to use them.
    Last edited by DevilishBanker; 06-13-2016 at 05:53 PM.
    Mr.Willie likes this.
    06-13-2016 05:36 PM
    I'm very excited. Love the new lock screen and notifications. Plus the added "ease of use" (like the maps example , or being able to request an uber right from lock screen).

Messages is cool, but not the be all end all.

Wondering if the added 3D touch capabilities means we will see it on the next iPad Pro - or will the apple Pencil take over that job?!
    06-13-2016 05:40 PM
    just read about it, no use to me unless I finally buy a new phone ! and when I do I'll have to disable most of this stuff.
    06-13-2016 05:41 PM
    I love the new lock screen features, too. I am not big on giant emojis. I already use 3D Touch a good bit. Having it on the lock screen will be great. Not really into the iMessage features. Like some of the poster above, they seem to be geared toward youngins. My kids will love it, though, so I guess there's that.
    06-13-2016 05:46 PM
    It's sad to see Apple move in this direction. The iMessage update is kinda like the Facebook message app, the photo app looks somewhat confusing, and the lock screen has some cool tricks, but when pulling the phone out of your pocket there looks to be some accidental app triggering with this Auto display feature. There was bigger innovation when iOS 7 was announced in 2013.
    06-13-2016 05:58 PM
    Although I was at work during the keynote, I will view it later. Having said that, I have iOS 10 installed on both my iPad and iPhone and thus far, things seem to be going well. The battery isn't rapidly draining and the device itself isn't heating up or anything. So far so good. I don't have a problem with the Messages app because the additions aren't necessarily in the way, at least not for me. I doubt I'll use the numerous gifs, etcetera, but I don't mind them being available, especially for those who'll use them often. The speed of the UI is noticeably fast, and everything seem to work. Hopefully, they will continue to work......We'll see.
    06-13-2016 06:19 PM
    It's sad to see Apple move in this direction. The iMessage update is kinda like the Facebook message app, the photo app looks somewhat confusing, and the lock screen has some cool tricks, but when pulling the phone out of your pocket there looks to be some accidental app triggering with this Auto display feature. There was bigger innovation when iOS 7 was announced in 2013.
    It's a delicate balance considering the wide range of people using iMessage. I honestly won't know which features I'll use and which ones I won't until I have iOS 10 running on my phone. If they aren't in my way they won't bother me anyway.
    06-13-2016 06:34 PM
    It was.. idk boring & nothing exciting. I like the new look of apple music that's really it
    06-13-2016 06:36 PM
    My thoughts are the OS is better on the phone once you get a feel for it than you see on a keynote. The UI refinements are superb.
    Rob Phillips and Annie_i6s like this.
    06-13-2016 06:42 PM
    My thoughts are the OS is better on the phone once you get a feel for it than you see on a keynote. The UI refinements are superb.
    I haven't watched the keynote, but I agree that the UI refinements are superb.
    06-13-2016 06:49 PM
    I watched it at work on my iPad. I did catch him mention about sending a heartbeat through iMessage. I bet we might see a heart rate sensor on the next iPhone. Still disappointed in the lack of upgrade to the camera shutter.
    06-13-2016 06:52 PM
    Still disappointed in the lack of upgrade to the camera shutter.
    Could be a hardware limitation. Just guessing though.
    06-13-2016 07:06 PM
    I watched it at work on my iPad. I did catch him mention about sending a heartbeat through iMessage. I bet we might see a heart rate sensor on the next iPhone. Still disappointed in the lack of upgrade to the camera shutter.
    Could be a hardware limitation. Just guessing though.
    Yeah, we'll see in September when the phone itself is actually updated.
    06-13-2016 07:18 PM
    I'm sad that mail/calendar/reminders didn't get any real love, it's time to add snooze support and a better integration between (especially reminders/tasks). If Apple aren't prepared to move this forward, they should allow us to change defaults to Spark/Airmail/etc.
    06-13-2016 07:42 PM
138 123 ...