What are your thoughts on Apple's iOS 10 announcement?

bellamyepl

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's official. iOS 10 has been announced with some great new features. What are your thoughts on this Fall's upcoming release? Is there a new feature that's blown your mind? Is there something that's missing that you were hoping would be there? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

These are my thoughts on this update. The things that really really really needed to be addressed weren't. In my opinion. When you pull down the notification shade, there is no reason why it should pause or stop anything that is going on in the foreground. Example.. Playing a game or a video. It pauses on most things and it's dumb. It should be able to keep on keeping on. Now I'm not sure if it's apple or the apps but in Android it isn't a problem. Second. Split screen should be mandatory on both iPad and iPhone. Why can't we have that. It can run on iPhone. Even the smaller iPhone. Just let us have it. The most important thing in my opinion is calling. When someone is calling you there is no reason why it takes up the entire screen. It should move to the top, bottom, left, right, I don't care. I hate doing something and having to wait until the call is over to continue. Yes you can decline it but you shouldn't have to. If you decline it the other party knows. Or maybe you have an annoying friend that will keep calling lol. On Android it will be up at the top and I love that. Please apple fix these things.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: What are your thoughts on today's iOS 10 announcement?

Not in iOS 10, which is what the OP was referring to, and I agree. I hate the way it's done in iOS 10. The enhanced widgets are nice but it isn't intuitive to get to them now.

Yes it is. Only on the homescreen do you have to swipe right to access widgets when you're in an app just pull down the notification shade and widgets are back when you swipe right.

bde3b70f19f1801f2260c4f9944a7758.jpg

Took this screenshot while using Tapatalk see the two dots on the bottom? Widgets and notifications while in apps.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
The possibilities are endless. I'm calling it: 4X larger emojis in iOS 11.

I heard rumors that the only thing in iOS 11 is a better keyboard sound for the default keyboard. They also said that the update will also include 3x more app crashes, 3x more botched updates with iOS 11.0.1 and 11.0.2, and 3x less battery life. The source also projected that iOS 11 will have a 100% adoption rate because instead of just wasting large amounts of space on your device without installing the update, it will automatically install it for you.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
That's exactly what I'm looking for. I'd also like it to come preinstalled with U2's entire music library.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site

Yes it is. Only on the homescreen do you have to swipe right to access widgets when you're in an app just pull down the notification shade and widgets are back when you swipe right.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160618/bde3b70f19f1801f2260c4f9944a7758.jpg

Took this screenshot while using Tapatalk see the two dots on the bottom? Widgets and notifications while in apps.

You are correct, and I stand corrected. However, if you are on the 2nd, 3rd or any other home screen other than the first, you are going to have to swipe drone the left several times to get to the widgets. I prefer the way they were handled in iOS 9.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

You are correct, and I stand corrected. However, if you are on the 2nd, 3rd or any other home screen other than the first, you are going to have to swipe drone the left several times to get to the widgets. I prefer the way they were handled in iOS 9.

Yeah I agree that sucks but thankfully I only have two homescreens.

paulinskip

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
All the additions to the lock screen isn't it going against Apples commitment to privacy? Being able to pick up anyone's iPhone turn it over to read the notifications, interact with them, make calls and txt people all without needing your fingerprint? How can the champion privacy and the make the core functions of your phone open to anyone?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
How can the champion privacy and the make the core functions of your phone open to anyone?

Privacy is about having your information shared with devs and other companies on the background without your knowing, not about carelessness.

If your careless enough to leave your phone unattended and full of notifications, that's on you, not on .