I'm sad that mail/calendar/reminders didn't get any real love, it's time to add snooze support and a better integration between (especially reminders/tasks). If Apple aren't prepared to move this forward, they should allow us to change defaults to Spark/Airmail/etc.
    Good points. I use Fantastical for my calendar and reminders but it would be nice to see some progress made in Mail.
    06-13-2016 08:49 PM
    Excited about being able to finally remove those stock apps I don't ever use! Aside from that, we'll see.
    diggity likes this.
    06-13-2016 10:25 PM
    I, for one, am hugely disappointed. Each year it's getting harder and harder for me to justify spending so much money on a smartphone. What Apple has shown today can be summarized in two statements:

a) we've run out of ideas so let's make crazy things
    b) China, China, CHINA!!!!! ME WANT MORE CHINA!!!
    Ledsteplin and gg22 like this.
    06-14-2016 01:46 AM
    I, for one, am hugely disappointed. Each year it's getting harder and harder for me to justify spending so much money on a smartphone. What Apple has shown today can be summarized in two statements:

This was all software updates for current devices, you won't be paying anything for it.

What iOS 10 will bring for the iPhone 7 is unknown at the moment and I guess they hide it from the SDK at the moment.
    Marion Dunn likes this.
    06-14-2016 04:41 AM
    What iOS 10 will bring for the iPhone 7 is unknown at the moment and I guess they hide it from the SDK at the moment.
    Good point -- we'll have to see what the "hidden" features are when the new phone arrives.
    06-14-2016 06:53 AM

I understand, but when is the last time anybody blew our minds? The smartphone market is reaching maturity. There's only so much more we can expect our devices to do. They had to slow down at some point and obviously "some point" came a year or two ago. You can always jump ship but you'll be waiting for the next incremental update just like the rest of us.

There's really no need to upgrade annually unless there's a new feature that you absolutely must have. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Apple extended their new product release cycles out past one year in the near future. I don't think it'll happen this year but maybe after next year's 7s/8 release.

This was all software updates for current devices, you won't be paying anything for it.

Very good point.
    libra89 and zaksma like this.
    06-14-2016 07:17 AM
    Excited about being able to finally remove those stock apps I don't ever use! Aside from that, we'll see.
    This is what I'm most excited about too. Hopefully this will eventually lead to Apple finally allowing us to set default apps for mail, music, etc.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-14-2016 07:47 AM
    From what I've seen, iOS 10 is going to add a nice amount of tweaks to an already great device experience. Some I'll use (widgets, notification interaction) and some I won't (most of the messaging updates) but the whole package will make iOS better. I know some are excited about the ability to uninstall unused Apple apps as well. I think there's a little something for everyone.

I do like larger emoji for some reason

#dontjudgeme
    Last edited by mumfoau; 06-14-2016 at 08:14 AM.
    Aztek13, Annie_i6s and zaksma like this.
    06-14-2016 07:59 AM
    Of all the announcements, I think iOS 10 had the most to offer and most to get excited over. Taken as a whole, I found WWDC to be somewhat underwhelming, but iOS has some features like messages that I'm looking forward too
    mumfoau likes this.
    06-14-2016 08:13 AM
    I'm wondering about privacy. It seemed like so much information is accessible from the lock screen without needing a password. Maybe I missed something.
    06-14-2016 08:44 AM
    I'm wondering about privacy. It seemed like so much information is accessible from the lock screen without needing a password. Maybe I missed something.
    I noticed that too. I assume you can disable what is accessible from the lockscreen but, like everything, there's a trade off. You lose convenience when you turn things off.
    mumfoau, ladyc0524 and Aztek13 like this.
    06-14-2016 08:49 AM
    I thought that exact same thing. im honestly not that worried about it personally but I can see that being a huge concern for some people.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    06-14-2016 10:52 AM
    There was no "wow thats awesome" moment. Just a bunch of features that I've seen on other devices that I'm excited are finally making their way to the iPhone. I'm looking forward to the Music revamp, iMessages enhancements and lock screen changes.
    mumfoau likes this.
    06-14-2016 11:56 AM
    Underwhelming. I feel like as of late Apple has gotten very stale across the board. They still dominate my tech life as I own from a watch to a Mac, but, just nothing exciting going on. I know Android isn't having any huge things going on either. I guess I've just come to expect something exciting from Apple.
    06-14-2016 12:21 PM
    I read the sentiment about Apple being stale and resting on their laurels. I get how someone would feel that way being someone who has spent their fair share on both sides of the proverbial aisle. I must say though, I'm pleased that they don't always rush to be 1st to market with new features yet spend time implementing those features and having them function seamlessly on the initial release!
    Last edited by mumfoau; 06-14-2016 at 06:01 PM.
    06-14-2016 12:32 PM
    I don't use Siri, I don't use emojis and won't use any of the new stuff they added to messages. It would of been nice to have widgets on the home screen and maybe a redesign of the home screen. Also i never use the news app. The new changes to notifications done excit me. Everything I wanted apple to fix was not addressed, so overall I am not impressed and find this update the most boring iOS ever.
    06-14-2016 03:36 PM
    It's great to have some of the features I loved from Android being incorporated into iOS.
    mumfoau likes this.
    06-14-2016 06:07 PM
    I agree with the poster who said I think the iMessage upgrades are geared more towards children but I am hoping there will be a way to disable and turn off those features if you don't want to use them.
    06-14-2016 06:31 PM
    I wasn't talking about upgrading to the iPhone 7, it was simply a general observation.

That being said some might require an upgrade since, as far as I understood, some features such as the clear all for notifications will require 3D-Touch. Which is stupid because it's completely unnecessary (long press, anyone?) and only a way for Apple to make a hardware upgrade more tempting. Understandable from a business perspective of course.

The very moment they introduced it I knew Apple would use 3D-Touch as such: introduce new features or replace old ones relying thereon without the necessity thereof.

By the way I REALLY hope there will be a way to disable that entire messages mumbo jumbo crap. Nothing worse than sitting somewhere with your phone going off on some crazy jingle because one of your retarded friends thought it'd be funny to send you a dancing banana sticker with full screen background animation and audio playing the tune of the crazy folk...
    libra89 and Wildo6882 like this.
    06-14-2016 06:58 PM
    It's software, and I don't really think iOS software is worth getting hyped about....personal opinion haha
    the_oppressed likes this.
    06-14-2016 08:21 PM
    Another nice feature in iOS 10 beta is more user guidance about insecure WIFI networks.
    What are your thoughts on Apple's iOS 10 announcement?-img_0090.png
    06-14-2016 08:47 PM
    For me, it was pretty underwhelming. I'm not interested in the changes to iMessage and I hope the new features are not shoved down our throats. The continued lack of a selective sync option for iCloud drive was a big disappointment as well.

The changes to photos seem promising, but any optimism was quickly wiped out when told the new features (Faces and smart albums) are device only.

The Music changes seem good... and big kudos to Bozoma St John for a great presentation to a very stiff WWDC crowd.

I know the technology between Google and Apple is "Monkey See, Monkey Do"...... but Google's I/O in May was a hell of a lot more intriguing than this WWDC.
    the_oppressed likes this.
    06-14-2016 09:48 PM
    Overall, Apple has made a number of its services much more powerful. When we see some of this stuff in action, we'll fully appreciate it. Until then, it's a somewhat low key affair.

For example, allowing Siri to interact with your Apps can make Siri significantly more power.
    06-14-2016 09:57 PM
    Overall, Apple has made a number of its services much more powerful. When we see some of this stuff in action, we'll fully appreciate it. Until then, it's a somewhat low key affair.

For example, allowing Siri to interact with your Apps can make Siri significantly more power.
    Opening Siri up to devs and allowing devs to extend into stock apps are both huge.
    mumfoau, scruffypig and libra89 like this.
    06-14-2016 10:03 PM
    Opening Siri up to devs and allowing devs to extend into stock apps are both huge.
    It will be huge only if Siri is made a lot more intuitive
    06-14-2016 11:04 PM
138 1234 ...